Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
The Senior Middleware Engineer will be part of a team, working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You will be responsible for delivery and administration of Middleware infrastructure, product certifications, engineering reviews, project releases and automate administration tasks.
- Must have technical experience in design, develop, solve, and debug infrastructure software including Java, J2EE, JBoss EAP, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, Oracle OSB, Apache, Tomcat
- New Product(s) and version evaluation of Opensource, Cloud native, Middleware products and provide certified baseline for Application environments.
- Resolve hardware compatibility in context of hardware selection.
- Support Environment Build and Delivery as per application requirements.
- Develop solutions that are innovative, thorough, and practical. Product Technical Support:
- Act as main interface between Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering and technical customers.
- Lead and assist team with Middleware upgrades and keep environments running with supported versions.
- Document and Provide technical guidelines and standard methodologies to Operations, Integration and Development teams.
- Proficient in problem solving skills, troubleshooting, root cause analysis.
- Provide ongoing sophisticated, high-level enterprise technical support including Non-Business Hour support and On-Call support when expected Continuous Improvement Attitude.
- An eye for ways to automate and Experience with Automate Cloud Migration tasks using required automation tools -Unix Shell-scripting, Python, Ansible etc.
- Flexibility to work during nonbusiness hours as needed
- Ability to support On Call rotation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent field.
- Min 5 years’ experience and profound knowledge with Middleware Technologies (Apache, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA, OSB ,Tomcat)
- Experience with Messaging (JMS), and High-Availability technology - real time trouble shooting of Fail-Over and stand-by issues.
- Implementation experience of Security using SSL, Keystores, SHA2, LDAP etc. Experience with Web Servers and Application Servers.
- Good understanding of Databases - Oracle, Postgres ,SQL, MS SQL Server, DB2
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and Monitoring tools (Splunk, Nimsoft, Dynatrace , Elastic etc).
- Nice to have: 5-7 years of industry experience with DevOps, Cloud implementation products (Kubernetes, Process Automation Manager, Fuse, SpringBoot, Vertex, Node.js, iNginix, APigee) in Linux / Solaris / Windows platforms.
- End to End Understanding of system-level view of applications infrastructure components to help resolve issues in both Non-Prod and Production environments.
- Superb communication and written skills.
Keys to success in this role:
- Champion and influence technology decisions.
- Establishes and manages relationships with peers.
- Demonstrates characteristics of approachability, team player, and passion. Looks to find common ground and collaboration when dealing with conflict.
- Be a champion for process improvements, fostering innovative thinking, engaging key customers.
- Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish.
- Accept change and innovation, push boundaries of what is possible.
- Have a solid technical background in past, present and future technologies
- Challenge the status quo
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology