Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
Our rapidly evolving IT department is in search of a Data Protection Tech Lead with excellent time management skills and a consistent track record of setting and reaching team goals! We’re looking for a candidate with considerable Data Protection experience who can lead our Ransomware protection solutions.
- We assure Stability, Availability and Reliability for thousands of servers to support a wide range of applications in a hybrid Cloud environment
- We strive to prevent service impacts in a wide-ranging and constantly evolving ecosystem, assure rapid recoverability from any impacts to business and services
- We strategize and transform IT with Automation and Process Engineering
- Provide Data Protection proactively to ensure the stability and security of the platform
- Identify, Influence and Implement technology, process and skill changes to modernize our Infrastructure
- Collaborate with senior leadership to assure transparent communication, risk reduction and accountability for the performance of the team
- College Degree 8-10 years demonstrated experience
- 5+ years of experience with Enterprise Data Protection and Ransomware Protection products like Avamar, Data Domain and CyberSense
- Ability to drive accountability for team performance and continued improvement of execution
- Communicates well within the team to set clear goals and effectively relay the status and accomplishments to management
- Must not only lead current technical trends, but also anticipate the team’s growth in our future state technologies
- An eye for automating common processes
- AWS experience a plus
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Communicates and influences very effectively.
- Demonstrates deep job specific knowledge and methodologies to drive effective change and transform how work is performed.
- Elevates team members via mentoring and knowledge sharing. Highly effective team leader. Top influencer for other IT and business partners.
- Significant contributions to strategy and objectives using knowledge leadership for areas of responsibility.
- Thinks beyond individual sphere.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology