Managing Director, Legal - Channel, OEM and Distribution Sales
Location: Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Legal Director on our Global Channel & OEM Legal team.
As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving – and always fascinating.
The Legal Director will serve as a member of the North America Channel Sales Legal team, in support of Dell’s Channel Sales organization. Managing a team of Attorneys and Contract Managers, the primary responsibility of the Legal Director will be to handle Channel Sales, OEM Sales and Channel Compliance escalations. In addition, the Legal Director will provide strategic support to OEM and IoT emerging business.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills who can work collaboratively with legal colleagues and business partners. Must have a demonstrated ability to balance legal and business considerations, problem solve and operate in a diverse and fast-paced environment. This position requires good judgment, integrity, flexibility, and an ability to prioritize, organize and provide services to clients with deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a team of attorneys and contract managers supporting Dell Technologies' Channel, OEM and Distribution Sales teams
- Serves as primary point of escalation for deal negotiations and deal/contract structuring
- Advises on and develops strategies for new and unique GTM sales motions and expansion of sales activity to new lines of business
- Advises sales support functions including Channel Sales Operations and manage related escalations
- Liaises with Dell Technologies' cross functional compliance organizations to assess risk and develops and executes mitigation plans for the Channel, OEM and Distribution businesses
- JD is required with 10+ years relevant experience
- Understanding of U.S. anti-trust and competition law is critical; in the context of distribution is highly preferred
- Experience with vendor/3rd party compliance is a plus
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Ability to assess risk and identify actions to mitigate risk
- Should be a self-starter who is able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other members of the legal department
- Good judgment, practical approach, energy, high integrity, and demonstrated understanding of general business values and ethics
- Prior related experience supporting channel or distribution organizations in the information technology industry
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.