Senior Data Engineer
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Design. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. We are passionate about building small, independent product development teams – product managers, designers and engineers working together empowered to make their own decisions.
As OpenTable moves toward an event based architecture for all our application services, you will have the opportunity to help design and develop the new Analytics infrastructure. You will be communicating with Business Users directly to perform Business Analysis. You’ll also work on building a data pipeline from the new event based services to consume and store events and make them easily accessible for Analytics. Use Python or Scala to utilize Spark engine to process Events data stored in Amazon S3. And help in implement data feeds that go to our data warehouse and other systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Use Python or Scala to utilize Spark engine to process Events data stored in Amazon S3.
- Create a data pipeline from Amazon S3 to Redshift and Netezza(in house DW).
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 Years of proven working experience as a data engineer.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expert in at least 1 of the following programming languages: Python or Scala.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 16 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 33,000 restaurants. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 830 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.