Product Marketing Manager: Partner and Channel Specialist
As the Product Marketing Manager: Partner and Channel Specialist, you will work with our marketing, business development and sales teams, to develop and execute global go-to-market strategies and programs to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth for GitLab. Reporting to the Director, Product Marketing, you will have a global charter to enable partners and resellers within our growing partner and channel ecosystems. In addition, you’ll be responsible for crafting and implementing co-marketing campaigns targeting developers and IT professionals, to increase awareness and adoption of GitLab. You will work to shape go-to-market messaging and strategy for new offerings with partners and work with partners and resellers to build an effective and scalable ecosystem.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
Channel Marketing Responsibilities
- Develop our worldwide channel marketing strategy, and train the field marketing team on regional execution that maximizes our reach and scale with channel partners.
- Implement channel marketing initiatives, programs, communication vehicles, and sales tools to drive increased market adoption and channel revenue goals.
- Spearhead enablement activity with resellers to drive end-user adoption, and manage MDF program.
- Assist sales team in the development of actionable and measurable programs for our channel partners.
- Work with field marketing to execute channel marketing programs, regionally.
- Accurately track activity performance and provide well-informed recommendations on future resource and budget allocation.
- Assist in the preparation of reports to help evaluate activity and reseller effectiveness, conversion rate, and relative performance.
- Market to, and through our channel. Ensure prospective resellers understand the value of partnering with GitLab.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet company channel goals.
Partner Marketing Responsibilities
- Initiate and develop co-marketing initiatives to execute in tandem with our partners.
- Market the benefit of our technology partnerships to all GitLab prospects.
- Develop and execute marketing programs when announcing new technology partnerships.
- Develop sales enablement programs for new partnerships, training the sales team on added functionality and associated benefits.
- Develop an ROI performance analysis for partner marketing initiatives and utilize findings to tailor future initiatives.
- Develop outreach plan for existing partnerships maintaining a steady development of joint content and demand generation activities.
- Create partnership positioning program for a cloud native approach and associated ecosystem.
- Expertise in co-marketing with channel or partner organizations.
- Able to build strong relationships with partners globally.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Technical background or good understanding of developer products; familiarity with Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Uses data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
-Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
-Candidates then may be offered a 45 minute interview with our Senior Product Marketing Manager
-Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a interview with the Director of Channel and APAC Sales
-Candidates will then be invited to schedule 45 minute interviews with our Director of Strategic Partnerships
-After, candidates may be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with the Director of Product Marketing
-Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a interview with the Chief Marketing Officer.
-Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
-Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.