Manager, BP Marketing Analytics (L09)
Job ID: 1700003956
The Manager, BP Marketing Analytics will be a key member of client analytics team. This role will work closely with analytics leader, Marketing, and British Petroleum (BP) team to develop analytical insights and strategies that can be leveraged for optimizing acquisition, spend, and retention campaigns within the credit card program. This individual will also be responsible for proactively identifying changes in customer behavior along with possible underlying factors.
- Partner with Marketing and Analytics team members to develop segmentation and targeting recommendations that can be used for marketing acquisition and lifecycle campaigns
- Leverage internal and external customer information to better understand customer behavior
- Measure campaign results to ensure effectiveness of targeting strategy and gather new insights that can be applied to future campaigns
- Understand ongoing reporting needs from business teams and ensure that any dashboards or reports are developed or enhanced by BI and offshore reporting team in a timely manner
- Provide ongoing feedback and insights to the business regarding customer behavior trends
- Present findings from ad-hoc analyses to internal and external stakeholders
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or, in lieu of a degree, 7+ years of marketing analytics experience
- 2+ years of experience with statistical analysis and handling large amount of data and analyzing for trends
- 1+ years of experience with SAS, SQL and Excel
- Exposure to Tableau, Birst, R, or Python is a plus
- Advanced degree with emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Operation research or other quantitative field preferred
- Experience managing, moving, and manipulating data from multiple sources
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership, analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Familiarity with consumer and commercial lending products and practices
- Ability to provide analytic support including pulling data, preparing analysis, interpreting data, making strategic recommendations and presenting to client/product teams
- Experience measuring marketing campaigns and interpreting results
- Ability to clearly explain technical and analytical information (verbally, written & in presentation form) and summarize for key stakeholders
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, influencing and collaboration skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.