Liberty Hill’s work is focused on Los Angeles County; however, we understand that what happens in L.A. influences the nation. In this historical moment, we believe it is especially important for Los Angeles to be a beacon of social justice nationwide.
Reporting to the Sr. Philanthropy Advisor, the Advancement Coordinator will play an integral role on the Advancement team. You will work collaboratively with key advancement team stakeholders to support Liberty Hill’s fundraising efforts and donor services. You will prepare reports, correspondence and other related documents for donors. You will lead the process of daily gift entry and support donor outreach efforts.
What you will do:
- Online gift processing
- Post gift batches to various Slack channels and server
- Manage recurring gift automations
- Manage acknowledgements process for individual donors and DAF Holders; maintain tracking system for communications
- Run basic recurring donor reports from Raiser’s Edge (NXT)
- Manage Chimpegration connector for NXT and Mailchimp
- Support donor communications, updating NXT with global actions, and organizing outreach lists
- Provide assistance with the successful execution of special events, including outreach, logistics, and on-site event support
- Provide interdepartmental project support, including following up on requests for information from Finance, Communications, and Program teams
- Support the scholarship and other fund management
- Advancement and donor engagement support as assigned
Starting Salary Range: ~ 24 - 29/hr DOE
Mostly remote with some in-person meetings and events in Los Angeles County
- 100% coverage for employee healthcare, vision and dental
- 403b match
- remote work stipend
- 22 paid holidays
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 2 Weeks paid time off in December
- Fridays off in August
You will have:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a not-for-profit development office.
- Proven ability to interact well with all levels of an organization and to maintain timely, constructive communications.
- Ability to multi-task and switch gears on short notice when priorities change.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent technical skills, specifically in Office 365, Slack, Asana or other project management applications
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to social and racial justice, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Personal lived experience that relates to the role and the mission of Liberty Hill (preferred)
- Ability to be at a remote workstation and operate a laptop/screen for extended periods
- Ability to travel for in-person meetings and events in Los Angeles County
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds