CAREERS AT WOLTERS KLUWERHuman impact that moves society.
Your work will help professionals make critical decisions that impact the lives of millions of people and shape society for the future.
We are currently looking for a Lead Technology Project & Program Management to join the Wolters Kluwer Digital eXperience Group (DXG).
Responsible for managing all aspects of diverse, medium to moderately complex IT projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, and cost. Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met. Communicates with end-users to provide timely and accurate information and status updates. Projects involve multiple disciplines in the IT function; individuals who manage projects exclusively in one aspect of IT, such as ERP implementation or applications development, should be matched to the specific position for that specialty.
The Delivery Support and Service Team Lead is responsible for providing technical oversight for software development projects related to the delivery of the global online platforms and services-based solutions. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of diverse, moderately complex to complex IT projects, including execution, timing, functionality, and quality. They utilize expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
This position undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge and makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous application development issues. The position will assist in working with product managers to understand and capture customer requirements, with business and technical staff to communicate technical architectures and solutions, and with software development staff (designers, testers, programmers, analysts, system administrators, etc. – both in- and out-of-house) to ensure successful delivery of those solutions.
A successful candidate acts as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff, in collaboration with the project manager, and has demonstrably strong technical skills, and proven experience with technologies in use.
Role and Responsibilities:
In addition to design and coding, you are expected to communicate regularly with other groups made up of employees in the office and adopt company culture
- Demonstrably strong technical and project management skills, proven experience with technologies in use, and experience working with offshore developers.
- Analyze business and user requirements, develop product solutions to meet those requirements, and integrate the solutions into the local business unit technical landscape
- Extend corporate and strategic architectures into line-of-business solutions.
- Communicate technical solutions to business and technical staff.
- Interact with business and technical partners to guide the software development process. Serve as an interface to the Digital Experience Group’s platform and asset development teams.
- Supervise, assign, and schedule staff and consultants for development projects. Manage closure of requirements, issues, and defects. Direct daily developer activities.
- Contribute to the evolution of the global tools, frameworks, and methods of work
- Adhere to existing software development policies and procedures, develop new procedures and participate in software process improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies for software development. Stay abreast of current trends and technologies, and introduce them into the Global Platform Organization development process.
- Will regularly be required to interview and onboard (off-shore) developers
- May occasionally interview and hire staff.
- The position may require working some evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree (B.E/ B Tech. Computer Science) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent, Masters a plus.
Must have skills:
A minimum of 5 to 10 years of software development experience. Experience with agile software development methodologies (e.g. – Scrum or Kanban) Experience with technical leadership of software development teams. Strong understanding of I&AM landscape concepts – SSO, Federated SSO, SAML, OAuth2, OpenID Connect ( specific product experience on Ping federate preferred) Strong hands-on Experience with Java /J2EE based development and tools (Eclipse/Maven). Good understanding of software architecture, design, and development. Highly motivated self-starter and good team player Able to work independently and responsibly on assigned projects Strong English language written and oral communication skills Ability to absorb and analyze new technologies and practices. Ability to effectively manage software development projects and deliver applications on time, on quality, and on budget. Strong research and documentation skills. Ability to handle aggressive project schedules, inconsistent business requirements, ownership and commitment, and strict release deadlines.
- Experience with daily offshore development interaction. Eastern European offshore experience is a plus. Experience working with Cloud environments ( AWS) is a definite plus
- Travel Requirements:
- The position requires some international travel, on a regular basis, comprising no more than 10% of total days worked.