Location: Remote from U.S. or Canada.Team: Engineering
We are looking for a well-rounded QA Manager with passion for the quality function. You will own our testing strategy, implement and execute a manual test plan and test cases, and more. You will advocate for our customers and help deliver great value in terms of quality, usability, and functionalities to our customers. We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
What you’ll do:
● Recruit, build, guide, and unblock a distributed QA team
● Partner cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to drive customer-centric engineering
● Coach, mentor, and create growth plans for each Auroran reporting to you
● Collaborate with all stakeholders to fully understand all aspects of the release - scope, priority, timeline, unknowns, and ambiguities and to implement comprehensive and targeted test plans.
● Work closely with release QA Engineers to execute the test plans, report bugs, and validate them once ready.
● Effectively communicate release status - progress, critical issues, risks, with all stakeholders and propose appropriate mitigating plans and actions.
● Deliver and maintain the strong balance between high quality products and time-to-market.
● Collaborate with Product Managers to understand the priorities and timeline and communicate gated feature readiness and known issues to Product Managers.
● Collaborate with pod QA Engineers, pod Engineers, and release QA Engineers to fully understand all aspects of the gated features - requirement, existing test plan, automation test coverage, and known issues to implement comprehensive and targeted test plans.
● Work closely with release QA Engineers to execute the test plans and report bugs. ● Work with release QA Engineers to analyze and triage Production issues and communicate with all stakeholders accordingly.
What we value:
● 5 years or more of testing SAAS based applications in multiple platforms - desktop and mobile device.
● 4 years or more of managing quality engineers.
● Lead by example - hands-on in all capacities of testing and releasing products.
● Ability to undertake loosely defined goals or complex problems to create order, and drive to closure.
● Ability to thrive in fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, with a bias towards action and results
● Conflict resolution skills including ability to bridge style differences.
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal, listening, and written communication skills, both within the team and across the organization.
● Ability to mentor/coach/teach/facilitate and lead change in a highly technical/dynamic team.
● Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently, our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.