- Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with computer architecture, new hardware design, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience in SDH and IP technologies and network protocols (e.g., MPLS, IPv6, multicast, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS).
- Experience in networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, VPNs, VLANs, peering, load balancing, etc).
- Experience coding with Python or Go.
- Experience with network management systems or network operations.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Understanding cloud computing, Linux server environments, network design and deployment, and managing large scale infrastructure.
- Understanding of network operations at scale.
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
The Edge Network Ops team is responsible for resolving issues with Google Cloud customers reaching Google Cloud Platform and Workspace services through peering or the internet. You will provide customers with tier-2 support for reaching Cloud services, including reachability and performance issues. You will assist customers who escalate such issues through cloud support or the Google NOC.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Create workflow, network monitoring/troubleshooting automation to improve the customer experience.
- Drive process improvements. Automate turn-up and service delivery.
- Provide high-touch operational support for GCP customers and peers.
- Help customers resolve issues with network services and assist troubleshooting issues with connectivity and performance.
- Validate and test customer configurations in an interop lab environment.
Build for everyone Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. Starting from two computer science students in a university... Read more