Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Systems Analyst - Customer Success will be responsible for the design and development of flexible and scalable solutions across the Customer Success tech stack with a focus on a professional services automation (PSA) tool. This role requires that you understand the broader Customer Success business model and processes as well as have technical comfort around PSA & CRM design and development best practices. A successful Analyst will be able to gather requirements within the broader business framework and apply them to the delivery of business solutions. The Analyst will work with technical and cross-functional business teams to implement enhancements, projects, and resolve incidents. It requires a combination of analytical, technical, business acumen, and communication skills.
This is a multi-faceted role where you will work cross-functionality with our Customer Success, Go-to-Market Systems (FinancialForce, Gainsight, and Salesforce), Integrations (Finance technical team), Sales Operations, Product, Growth, Marketing, and Finance teams. The location of this position is flexible, either in our San Francisco HQ, Atlanta office, or fully remote.
The Customer Success team is responsible for onboarding, training, and ensuring that our customers are seeing the value of the Samsara platform from first purchase through to renewal and beyond. The System Analyst’s mission is to improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability of our internal systems to enable our customer success team to delight, retain, and expand our customer base.
In this role, you will:
- Work on Samara Customer Success’s PSA and integrations with other point solutions and key business systems
- Partner with Customer Success and other cross-functional business stakeholders to understand requirements, develop strategies to meet architecture/technology needs, and provide/execute on technical designs
- Work closely with our Customer Success Operations team to identify, troubleshoot, and correct any issues
- Be hands-on with all aspects of our CS PSA & CRM operations, including:
- designing business rules that analyze project data, and trigger actions for the customer success team to proactively engage with customers
- maintaining responsibility for integration builds/maintenance
- managing deployments of new data fields, reports/dashboards, workflow rules, and/or processes to production
- setting and upholding standards for performance of automation and campaigns
- launching system updates
- deploying releases and security requirements
- Communicate regularly on program/project plans, progress, blockers, and risks to cross-functional stakeholders, sponsors, and vendors
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ years experience in SFDC administration and development, previous FinancialForce PSA experience preferred
- Experience with data integrity, data quality, data migration and data maintenance
- Experience designing test plans, performing unit testing, and launching projects effectively on tight timelines
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to understand business requirements and translate them to effective use of applications
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Effectively communicate vision, strategy, and statuses of projects to leadership and internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.