There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The Marketing Enablement Technology group is seeking an experienced Sr. Technology Project Manager/Scrum Mas to oversee multiple agile development teams. The Marketing Enablement Technology group is responsible for the strategic planning, construction, enhancement, maintenance, and governance of Adobe Experience Platform and Adobe Campaign platform as well as many digital web properties and enterprise content delivery channels. In this role, you will work with technology development teams and business partners across the Enterprise to deliver challenging solutions. You will be expected to work comfortably in a fast pace environment as well as take on a leadership role for delivering business solutions, mentoring junior team members, and launching a new product. In return, we’ll provide you with challenging work that will encourage personal growth in a collaborative environment that encourages every member of the team to bring their point of view to the table.
Job Level Description
- Requires in depth knowledge and expertise in their own job discipline and working knowledge of related disciplines
- Leads projects or work streams within broader projects
- Accountable for work of self and sometimes others, provides process and standards advice in specialty
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as part of a team
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
Role Summary and Responsibilities
- Leverages advanced technical knowledge to conduct a wide array of activities associated with planning and managing more complex technology projects; ensures projects are completed on time, within budget, and to client specifications
- Supports work for larger, more complex projects or a small technology program that is composed of several projects
- Manages and oversees project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, internal client management, relationship management, and other project documentation preparation and turnover to production for technology projects of low to medium complexity
- Develops the budget and statement of work, including project justification and plan for more complex technology projects
- Defines roles and responsibilities of the project team
- Responsible for monitoring project financials and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner
- Follows financial standards and processes (e.g., monthly external revenue accruals, procurement, and external payments)
- Coordinate’s business subject matter experts and engineers to ensure project is appropriately staffed and resources are properly aligned and managed
- Maintains regular contact with internal clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments
- Works with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project
- Formulates operational strategies/tactics at the program level and successfully executes against them
- Continues to build a wide, active network across the enterprise, and knows when to engage/activate it
- Possesses advanced knowledge of asset management, fintech, domain specific to DMS, agile practices, and scrum framework
- Depending on functional alignment, shows understanding of the life cycle of the product to the client in financial services
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into effective project management approaches
- Able to break down complex or vague problems and steps through them in a rational way
- Able to evolve a decision as new information is gained
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements
- Assists in implementing new processes as technologies, risks, and methodologies evolve
- Leads and helps to influence discussions with the business on multiple options to help solve the root cause, including various trade-offs and recommended approach within a single large-scale business unit
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience AND -5+ years of total relevant work experience
- Experience running large-scale multi-discipline efforts across people, processes, and technology within complex financial services organizations
- Applies technical expertise to lead a wide array of activities associated with planning and managing highly complex technology projects. Ensures projects are completed on time, within budget, and to client specifications.
- Allocates and coordinates work for larger, more complex projects or a technology program that is composed of several substantive projects.
- Manages and oversees project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, internal client management, relationship management, and other project documentation preparation and turnover to production for technology projects of high complexity.
- Oversees multiple application projects, directs and coordinates all work performed, and manages competing priorities.
- Develops the budget and statement of work, including project justification and plan for more complex technology projects. Defines roles and responsibilities of the project team. Responsible for monitoring project financials and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follows financial standards and processes (e.g., monthly external revenue accruals, procurement, and external payments).
- Coordinate’s business SMEs and engineers to ensure project is appropriately staffed and resources are properly aligned and managed. Maintains regular contact with internal clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- Works with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project.
- Formulates operational strategies/tactics at the portfolio level and successfully executes against them
- Manages communication with business leaders at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery.
- Maintains a wide, active network across the enterprise, and knows when to engage/activate it
- Actively contributes to the Technology Project Management community of practice, sharing advice & knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
Experience with the following specific Technologies/Products is a plus:
- Experience working on digital projects with frameworks such as Adobe Campaign and Adobe Experience Platform
- Knowledge of related Adobe products including Analytics, Target, Adobe Experience Manager, and how the Adobe products work together in the eco-system.
- Offers and holds and opinion on how things should be done, but is willing to change
- Is principled in decision making and thought leadership
- Raises and addresses issues proactively
- Critiques own work; can analyze and justify trade-offs
- Helps others with problems by showing how to work through them, not just giving the answer
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.