Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Positions in this function will be working alongside the APCs (Advanced Practice Clinicians) supporting patients with acute changes in condition as well as assisting with various administrative requests when appropriate. The Triage Nurse is responsible for assessing the needs of the caller and determining the next steps in patient care. Additional responsibilities may include support of patient outreach and engagement, patient scheduling and other administrative functions.
The ideal candidate must learn new software system(s), be efficient about collecting information from callers, follow guided protocols from the system, and write correct details about the encounter.
The Triage Nurse is responsible for assessing the needs of the caller and determining the next steps in patient care. Additional responsibilities may include support of patient outreach and engagement, patient scheduling and rescheduling, and other administrative functions, as required.
If you are located in Michigan, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
- Provides clinical assessment and intervention utilizing the nursing process through triaging clinical calls and managing patient questions
- Provides communication, coordination, and collaboration with Landmark staff to ensure favorable patient outcomes
- Real time documentation of interactions with patients, families, contacts, and vendors in the patient record to include the assessment, plan of care, any actions and interventions and the plan or resolution of each patient/family interaction
- Supports and promotes all Landmark cultural platforms with a customer service-oriented approach to care delivery
- Maintain licensure, credentialing per state regulations and CME requirements
- Compliance with all departmental standards, policies, and procedures with training and education, management of the workload, disaster planning, attendance, adherence, and quality standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MI RN license
- Acute care or Triage experience with excellent critical thinking, crisis intervention, Superior verbal communication skills are essential
- High speed internet connection
- 1+ years of acute/triage experience within the past 1-2 years
- Proficient computer skills, able to troubleshoot, adapt, use multiple applications simultaneously, set up hardware independently
- Thorough knowledge of professional nursing principles
- Nursing diagnosis, methods, and procedures; anatomy and physiology; medical supplies and equipment used in nursing practice; and the uses and effects of medications and narcotics
- Demonstrated ability to teach over the phone with appropriate teach back technique
- Multi-application user ability to include;
- Windows PC with a stable release of Chrome, Edge, excel, word, Teams, EMR
- Proficient communication
- Telephone etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse, emergent, emotionally tense calls and phone etiquette
- Interoffice Email etiquette
- Chat etiquette
- Telephone etiquette
- Proven excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more