PowerToFly supports a fully remote team and core coverage with country specific benefits. This may include health care, a retirement savings plan, parental and adoption leave, equity, and perks such as self-directed budgets to support learning and growth. We also offer unlimited personal time off and mentorship opportunities.
PowerToFly, the fastest growing platform and community connecting underrepresented talent with companies that value diversity and inclusion, is looking for a project-based summit assistant who’s ready to showcase their unique skill set and make their mark on the hiring industry (and essentially the world).
With 7 summits remaining this year alone, we’re looking for someone who can execute a number of projects in correlation with each monthly summit on a consistent timeline. While you will have the freedom to work from wherever and whenever you choose, there will be specific tasks and deadlines that cannot be missed. This person will have a strong attention to detail (no typo is too small) as they will be corresponding with our top speakers and partners from across the globe!
While you will be able to complete your tasks on your own time, this person will meet and coordinate with the Events Manager on a Zoom call at least once a week and be available to join other necessary meetings on a case by case basis. We estimate an average of 20 hours per week to begin, decreasing in time as you learn the ropes.
If you’re a hardworking individual who is interested in a project-based opportunity for a mission driven company, we encourage you to apply to this role.
Tasks will include:
- Creating customized speaker marketing materials including images (utilizing a plug and play template), promotional copy, and unique tracking links.
- Creating speaker briefing documents which include suggested questions for the designated talk. This task also involves investigating and reading past articles/interviews about or by that speaker in order to create the most accurate questions possible.
- Corresponding with speakers via email, making sure materials are sent on time and answering any questions they may have.
- Facilitating the ‘Green Room’ during the summit, making sure speakers’ audio/ video are working properly and sending them to the correct track.
- Helping to write and brainstorm talk topics and descriptions.
- Brainstorming potential speakers and compiling their contact information.
- Working with the Events Manager and a Third-Party company to organize swag gifts for all speakers.
- Registering guests for our off-the-record Executive Forum and making sure all guests receive their onboarding email and calendar hold.
- Meeting with speakers prior to the event to answer any questions.
- Setting up a post-event blog post that will be sent to all summit registrants.
- Compiling post-event survey results.
- Assisting with a wide array of support tasks that includes but is not limited to coordinating with Closed Captioning providers, updating internal documents, organizing Google Drives, proofreading copy, providing quality assurance on decks/slides, attending weekly check-in meetings, and more.