CAREERS AT WOLTERS KLUWERHuman impact that moves society.
Your work will help professionals make critical decisions that impact the lives of millions of people and shape society for the future.
Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) is a €1.1 billion division of Wolters Kluwer (AEX: WKL) that provides loan compliance, regulatory compliance, legal entity compliance and legal operations management solutions to the banking and corporate legal sectors. The GRC customer base includes 70% of Fortune 500 companies, 90% of U.S. banks, 90% of the Am Law 100, and more than 300,000 small businesses.
The Communications Manager is responsible for collectively developing the internal communications strategy and supporting the ongoing communications needs for one business within the GRC Division. The role reports to the Vice President of Brand & Communications for GRC and will be part of a broader network of communications professionals within the newly integrated Global Brand & Communications Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary roles of the Communications Manager include supporting the development and execution of the internal communications strategy for 1 business unit (BU) within the GRC division. This individual will serve as a partner to the BU General Manager and their Executive Leadership Team, collectively identifying the communication needs required to support their strategic priorities and long-term goals. The Communications Manager will maintain the BU communication agenda, jointly prioritizing the right key objectives and escalating challenges to the Executive Leadership Team when needed. This individual will support company engagement and awareness through regular and transparent communication of business objectives, values, and performance via: leadership communication, employee engagement activities, and divisional/global communications initiatives. The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include:
General Planning / Support:
- Provide ongoing communications support to meet the needs of 1 GRC business unit (BU)
- Support the formation of an internal communications strategy that aligns with BU goals/objectives
- Serve as a partner to business leaders on the BU’s communication needs
- Maintain the BU communications agenda, jointly prioritizing the right key objectives
- Support communication events in partnership with Senior Communications Leadership
Internal Communications Delivery:
- Lead the development and delivery of consistent and effective internal messaging
- Promote company engagement and awareness through: leadership communication, employee engagement activities, divisional/global communication initiatives
Education: BA or BS required
Experience: Minimum 7 years in communications, journalism, strategy, or related function, ideally at a technology or software company
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Certifications:
- Aptitude for identifying required communications needs from a business’ strategic priorities
- Track record of achievement in a high-pressure environment
- Operates independently, with periodic guidance from Senior Leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively and navigate a matrixed organization
- Clear sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues and tasks to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to tailor messaging persuasively and efficiently to various audiences
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and communications platforms/applications (PoliteMail)
Travel Requirements: Potential up to 5-10% travel
Build a better tomorrow, today! For 180 years, Wolters Kluwer has been innovating the way professionals and businesses work. Our employees are at... Read more