We are seeking an Application Support Analyst – Data Support to be a key player in the implementation and support of our Global Index Data Platform that supports our major headline indices like S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Averages & also the co-branded indices with our exchange partners such as S&P/ASX, S&P/NZX, S&P/BSE, S&P/TSX, S&P/BMV etc.
The technologist will work effectively to undertake the production support for our Index Data Platform. The candidate should be a delivery-focused person who is familiar with Market Data such as Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures, and Options asset classes. Our SPDJI team’s structure will allow you to be exposed to and have the opportunity to build your skills across functions within technology.
- Manage daily production support for Index Platforms.
- Monitoring of daily data load jobs
- Support the historical data migration tasks.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
- Interact with business operations to provide day-to-day data & technical support.
- Analyze production issues, report bugs and collaborate with the application development team for resolution.
- Escalate critical or non-resolvable issues to the next level and provide ETA to customers.
- Conduct periodic system checkouts and notify internal & external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot data and system issues with stock exchanges and market data distributors.
- Organizing and conducting post mortems for outages.
- Maintain support procedures & run-books, system checkout tasks, escalation contacts.
- Execute disaster recovery plans, submit change tickets and obtain approvals.
- Liaison with vendor-partners and data hosting providers to resolve technical issues.
- Interact with business operations to provide technical support.
- Effectively interact with global customers, business users and IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Level-1 application/data production support is required
- Experience in Oracle Database, PL/SQL & stored procedures are required.
- Experience in writing Unix Shell scripts is required.
- Experience working on AWS services like ECS, EKS, S3, Cloud front etc. is required
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Experience working on orchestration tools like Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline etc. would be plus
- Experience with DevOps would be plus
- Experience working on containers like Docker/Kubernetes would be plus
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets. S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability status.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are the cornerstone of everything we do at PowerToFly. Together, we build a culture of belonging that guides our mission, values, services, products, employees, clients, and community. This active and intentional foundation fuels our innovation and impact to advance economic equality in underrepresented communities. We are a global team committed to mitigating bias and lifting barriers in our recruitment and hiring processes.
PowerToFly is an equal opportunity employer and ensures individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other qualities protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.