Esri’s accessibility team is an emerging, dedicated team with the goals of driving accessibility innovation in ArcGIS software and products. Our work makes a difference in our company culture, and supporting our diverse user communities to uplift all people, emphasizing the inclusion of those with disabilities.
As a pioneering member of this unique and highly collaborative team, you will advocate for accessibility strategies across ArcGIS product groups and development teams, as you inspire, reinforce, and incorporate accessibility best practices across the company. Share your passion for the intersection of advocacy, technology, and digital accessibility and help to enrich the community of GIS accessibility champions at Esri and beyond.
- Facilitate product accessibility evaluations: Conduct product evaluations according to current Web Content Accessibility Standards (WCAG), and deliver results to ArcGIS product teams. Provide additional support and guidance for product accessibility evaluation efforts conducted with both external (such as 3rd party accessibility testing vendors) and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain product accessibility documentation: Create and contribute to the maintenance of product Accessibility Conformance Reports (ACRs, based on VPATs), providing detail for product-specific accessibility features and conformance levels.
- Influence accessibility testing strategies and best practices: Evaluate and analyze various ArcGIS products according to continually evolving testing processes (such as manual and automated assistive technologies) based on conformance to WCAG standards. Collaborate with ArcGIS product development and design teams (web, desktop, and mobile) to proactively identify and actively remediate accessibility issues.
- Engage with our global community: Communicate to internal and external audiences about accessibility practices at Esri (present at Esri events, author blogs and articles, and create public accessibility resources and materials), including global customers, partners, and distributors on accessibility inquires, standards, and product requirements.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Practical experience with assistive technologies such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, and automated scanning tools
- Practical experience with accessibility testing best practices on at least one platform (for example: web, desktop, mobile Android/iOS)
- Familiarity with current global accessibility standards and guidelines (for example: WCAG, Revised Section 508, and/or EN 301 549)
- Experience creating or contributing to Accessibility Conformance Reports (ACRs) and/or working with Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPATs)
- Bachelor's in computer science, engineering, user experience or a related field (or comparable industry experience), depending on position level
- Familiarity with GitHub for project and issue creation and tracking
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS software and/or other GIS and mapping products
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and commercial software delivery processes
- Confident in ability to effectively communicate product requirements and project information across various stakeholder audiences (such as developers, product managers, end users, and customers)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $72,800.00 - $135,200.00
About us. At Esri, we build cutting-edge geographic information system (GIS) technology that our customers use to solve the world’s most complex... Read more