Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
Freddie Mac’s Single Family Division is currently seeking a Big Data Developer/Data Engineer Professional to implement Big Data tools and methods of data processing and ingestion as a member of the Credit Analytics and Reporting team. Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
**This position is a hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 days in the office and 3 days remote**
We build applications that support the Credit Analytics and BI Reporting for Single Family Risk and Modeling groups of the company.
- You will be able to apply advanced Data Engineering and Machine learning skills to solve real world challenges in building applications that help the company build better models and do advanced reporting.
- Cleanse, manipulate and analyze large datasets (Structured and Unstructured data – XMLs, JSONs, PDFs) using Hadoop platform.
- Develop Python, PySpark, Spark scripts to filter/cleanse/map/aggregate data.
- Manage and implement data processes (Data Quality reports)
- Develop data profiling, deduping logic, matching logic for analysis
- Programming Languages experience in Python, PySpark and Spark for data ingestion.
- Programming experience in BigData platform using Hadoop platform.
- Present ideas and recommendations on Hadoop and other technologies best use to management.
- Master's degree in statistics, data science or a related quantitative field.
- Coursework or work experience applying predictive modeling techniques from data science, statistics, machine learning, and econometrics to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include—but is not limited to—data science, statistics, machine learning, optimization, numerical analysis, scientific programming, computational methods, supervised learning, unsupervised learning, text mining, and image analysis.
- Coursework or work experience writing computer programs to implement data science pipelines and predictive algorithms. Programming languages may include—but are not limited to—Python, R, SQL, Java, SAS, and MATLAB.
- Coursework or work experience using technologies for manipulating structured and unstructured big data. Big data technologies may include—but are not limited to—Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, relational databases, and NoSQL.
- 2+ years of experience in processing large volumes and variety of data (Structured and unstructured data, writing code for parallel processing, XMLS, JSONs, PDFs)
- 2+ years of programming experience in Hadoop, Spark, Python for data processing and analysis
- Experience with containerization, container orchestration using Kubernetes architecture
- Be able use use Kubeflow and build Kubeflow pipelines.
- Strong SQL experience is a must
- 2+ years of experience using Hadoop platform and performing analysis. Familiarity with Hadoop cluster environment and configurations for resource management for analysis work
- Detail oriented and superb communication and written skills
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
Keys to Success in this Role:
The candidate should be very analytical minded, have a good grasp of data architectures and keen in problem solving. We are looking for someone with good Big data skills along with good exploratory data analysis experience used to build ML models. ML skills is highly desirable.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Research & Modeling
Freddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.