Backblaze is a public company that makes storing and using data astonishingly easy. When our founding team got together, they committed to helping people save their data. Today, the Backblaze Storage Cloud provides a foundational platform around the world for a broad community of developers, IT generalists, entrepreneurs, and individuals who seek the easy, affordable, trusted solutions we provide.
We’ve managed to nurture a team-oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. Our approach is guided by honesty, transparency, and a commitment to doing the right thing. Our customers are happy, and so are our coworkers: In the most recent “Great Place to Work” survey, 94% of our team rated Backblaze as “a great place to work.” Check out what our employees are saying on Glassdoor!
But while there is a lot to celebrate in our past, there is almost as much opportunity ahead of us. We are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst!
- Work with product managers to define metrics and specifications to measure the performance of new features and integrations.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance/ROI metrics.
- Ensure accuracy of data and perform quality checks on reporting deliverables
- Define requirements for data collection, intake and validation.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing, and product teams.
- Responsible for developing requirements for the import/export of metrics for marketing and sales automation.
- Anticipate demands for future initiatives, devise project proposals/roadmaps, and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Communicate results and business impacts to stakeholders within the company.
- MUST HAVE Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience working with and creating datasets and dashboards to translate ambiguous business problems into deep insights.
- Experience using analytical techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- We’re looking for someone with 3 to 5 years of experience in a position monitoring, manipulating and drawing insights from data.
- Strong desire to work with passionate people who care deeply about solving challenging problems to improve Backblaze.
- Collaborative attitude, inquisitive nature, and an unquenchable curiosity.
The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Looker, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
- Knowledge of ETL concepts in order to clearly define requirements for new data sources
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce
- Experience with marketing automation tools (i.e., Hubspot, Marketo, etc.)
At Backblaze, we value being fair and good to our customers, partners, and employees. That’s why diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values. We are committed to fostering a workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, socioeconomic status, ability, veteran status, and education. We believe that our dedication to cultivating a diverse workspace not only allows us to better serve our customers in over 175 countries, but further reinforces our commitment to doing the right thing. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.