GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for tenured Enterprise Sellers to work with our largest customers to build strong relationships, help them learn the value of GitHub’s solutions to impact their business, and drive the buying process. We care about our customer’s being successful long term, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages to build valuable solutions for our customers. If you are technically curious, love leading teams toward common goals, and moving fast, we want you.
The role will report to regional sales management.
Strategic account planning. Develop plans and resource requirements to drive our installed customers to upsell and add new products. Analyze and measure account plans for customer and company success. Provide accurate forecasting for deals and quarterly revenue. Be the primary owner of the customer and their liaison to GitHub.
Risk Management. Be able to identify risk and be decisive in ensuring it is managed.
Network building. Be able to build a solid network at GitHub and inside customers to ensure success. Work with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales and professional services to bring the full weight of GitHub to help customers.
Manage by influence. Be a consensus builder inside GitHub and at the customer to get to agreed outcomes.
Understand GitHub products and solutions. Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub. Sell value and provide real ROI analysis with our products and services for prospects and new customers. Be able to work programmatically with prospects and new customers on a set of metrics to show them how to improve their business by properly using GitHub products and services.
Effective communicator and presenter. Be able to present to small and large groups of customers strategic ideas, work off script and be able to answer questions and challenges in live settings with key customers and partners.
Deal process, objection handling and driving momentum. Understand how to map prospect and buying processes, help new buyers navigate deals to close, identify deal stakeholders, mobilizers and blockers in order to drive deal momentum to close. Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
● 5-10 years of successful enterprise software sales experience
● Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
● Ability to assess customer needs and build strong, trusted, relationships at all levels
● Strong presentation skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Collaborative and team oriented
● Interest in Git, GitHub, DevOps, and Application Security
● Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
● Consistent track record of aligning multiple resources to align with customer objectives
● Consistent track record of exceeding quota
● Willingness to travel approximately 40% in post pandemic world
● High energy and positive attitude
● Ability to take initiative
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
● Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
● Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
● Selling subscription and consumption based licenses
● Experience using salesforce.com CRM
● Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $209,300 to maximum $388,700 + bonus + equity + benefits.
>Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.