With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The Collections Specialist position is responsible for providing operational support those results in optimizing the Collection performance of the Cancelled Collections portfolios. The required support is provided to external vendors and internal business partners. The position is required to complete tasks, timely and accurately which ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures. Completion of the tasks will also ensure compliance to external requirements, such as Sarbanes Oxley and local laws.
Principal Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Process manual work lists referral and closure according to operation guidelines.
- Process Credit balance in cancelled derogatory accounts.
- Provides accurate and timely response to Internal Amex, outside agencies inquiries, cancelled card members and Debt Purchaser via email.
- Responds to all incoming correspondence as outlined in the operation guidelines.
- Investigate, identify root of the issue, and provide recommendations of solutions and/or feedback to requesting party.
- Prepare and send Direct Debit, Paid in Full, Settled in Full & Default correspondence to card members as required.
- Update financial adjustments accurately within designated timeframes to the correct ledgers.
- Understand and follow the market specific (local law) requirements in each case handling.
- Understand and comply with all Sarbanes Oxley testing requirements; for example work list penetration timeliness, accelerated write accuracy and timeliness and agency invoice payment processing requirements.
- Achieve an accuracy score of 96% or greater through the Quality Assurance assessment process each month.
- Upon request, action other collections related tasks and projects as and when required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Excellent skill in pivot table, VLOOKUP and macro would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Able to make sound decisions effectively and promptly with minimum supervision.
- Good self-discipline, able to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and commercial environments.
- Good interpersonal skills, mature and patience in handling difficult situations.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
- Additional languages such as Mandarin or Cantonese would be an advantage.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.