Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Works under supervision of Production Team Leader with the guidance of other members of operations, maintenance, and plant management.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Timely communication of all operational and/or safety issues to Team Leader to avoid accidents and unnecessary downtime. Any issues that may adversely affect start-up, cause downtime, or could result in an accident are the responsibility of the cook to communicate to the Team Leader and/or other managers immediately.
- Perform basic mechanical adjustments and completion of all required mechanical PMs at the prescribed intervals.
- Timely start-ups of cook stand to ensure that sauces are prepared and pumped to sauce fillers in advance of Line start time.
- Daily inspection of cook stand kettles (including counting and recording plastic kettle fingers), cook stand piping (verifying set-up per recipe) at the cook stand through the product lines and to the sauce fillers to ensure adequate sanitizing of equipment has occurred before beginning cooking operations.
- Daily inspection and timely preflight of all cook stand equipment (including but not limited to pumps, tubar dumpers, etc.) to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and in a safe manner before beginning cooking operations.
- Purge all Product Lines prior to pumping sauce to Lines.
- Check WIP ingredients and contact QA for release of ingredients that can be used. Use WIP as soon as possible in the shift.
- Operate all cook stand related equipment and to monitor all operations at the same time (i.e., cooking, cooling, mixing, filling, etc.)
- Ensure that the line has sauce at all times while staying within hold time requirements.
- Timely completion of paperwork and work orders for repair of equipment on the cook stand or related areas.
- Timely and accurate sauce yield calculations at the prescribed intervals.
- Follow recipes and maintain confidential information on recipes.
- Actively search for innovative ways to work around problems so that line downtime is avoided.
- Daily attendance in product taste panels.
- Check all ingredients (dries, central prep items, etc.) for quality, temperatures, odors, flavor, and texture before adding to sauce batches.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow team members and other departments.
- Team members will participate in Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Lean activities such as the Create Stability tools, such as Standard Work, Abnormality Identification, Centerlining and Help Chain.
- Team members will be responsible for building their competency, creating self-development plans, keeping those plans up to date and help build the competency of others, as applicable
- Contact the safety team for BBS observation training and then complete and turn in at a minimum 1 BBS observation per week
- Team members shall follow the plant rules, procedures, and/or practices related to management systems. Team members will report incidents and unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the appropriate management system on all related procedures and programs.
- Accurately turn equipment on/off, read all displays and menus and disassemble, clean, assemble, and properly and safely operate the equipment.
- Ensure that all product has been removed from areas before using any hoses
- Ensure that all electrical panels, boxes, touch screens or other electrical devices have been closed and/or covered prior to using water in an area.
- Knowledge of chemicals and their proper applications as well as safety precautions that must be followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.