We are looking for a Detail Drafter to support our Mechanical Power Conversion business who is a team player with a high level of initiative and the ability to work in an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
A Drafter in this position will be responsible for preparing a variety of engineering drawings, revising drawings, and maintaining parts lists. The selected candidate must be competent in aspects of engineering drawings depicting mechanical product details, assemblies, and outlines. Duties will include model creation, view depiction, generation of proper nomenclature, and the application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T). Ultimately, our Drafters have the responsibility to accurately document the components within the product with detailed dimensioned drawings to support the manufacture of the individual parts and assembly of the product.
To accurately document the product, Drafters must understand the function of the part/assembly, which features must be used as functional datums, as well as each part’s relationship with the rest of the assembly. Drafters create all necessary views required to fully dimension the part/assembly using the appropriate ANSI standards and following GD&T methodologies to support accurate tolerance build up analysis.
The selected candidate will be expected to conform to Collins’ norms for the order and methodologies used in modeling so that the documented design can be reviewed, analyzed and released in a manner consistent with established practice.
This position is Onsite in Rockford, IL.
- Create dimensioned detail drawings compliant with industry, Collins’, and manufacturing standards.
- Dimension detail drawings ensuring they are accurate, complete, and dimensioned to support program requirements and tolerance build up analysis.
- Update detail drawings throughout the various review cycles per engineering input.
- Implement drawing updates as per engineering change requests
- Execute Collins Standard Work using Design Standard Features and Design Guide Book as appropriate to complete the task.
- Work with Collins product definition and engineering support groups and coordinate assistance as required.
- Use software in recommended methods which promotes consistency for ease of revision and reduction in model/drawing complexity.
Drafters are expected to interface directly with Collins engineering staff in the design and development of product and/or test equipment. Individuals may also be required to coordinate and interface with engineering and design or drafting personnel in other Collins divisions throughout the world. Accordingly, good interpersonal communication skills and willingness to operate within a diverse and global workforce are mandatory. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment, comprehend and implement oral and written inputs.
Strict adherence to the design process is mandatory for successful realization of Collins product for our demanding customers. Attention to detail is critical to ensure a safe and reliable product is placed into service.
- HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Experience in a design and drafting environment developing electrical or mechanical products
- Understanding of mechanical and electronic principles and demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpreting models, assembly and piece part drawings.
- Understanding of basic GD&T drawing practices, along with the tolerance analysis of assembly and piece parts.
- Proficiency with Siemens NX and Teamcenter in the design of mechanical products. The Collins primary toolset of choice is NX, but knowledge of other systems is also beneficial.
- A working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools and general computer literacy
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the use of Model Based Definition (MBD) and Additive Manufacturing
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.