Deloitte is one of the largest professional services firms, which means that we touch nearly every aspect of business.
Deloitte employs more than 100,000 people in the United States across its Audit & Assurance, Risk and Financial Advisory, Consulting and Tax practices. Our range of services and depth of resources create the potential to make an impact through most any career. Right now, our professionals are working closely with organizations that enable social change, spark disruptive technologies, fund cures for diseases, implement sustainability solutions, prevent identity theft, foster inclusive cultures, enhance trust in the capital markets, and a lot more.
At Deloitte, we know it’s essential for our people to be comfortably and authentically themselves. We are committed to being a place where our people feel like they belong and can succeed by recruiting, developing, and promoting a diverse workforce while providing unique opportunities and career paths for our people.
You’ve earned your stripes as a tax specialist and tapped into the world of cutting‐edge tax technology. You are not an expert in technology, but you can offer profound insight about how U.S. federal income tax models and computations work. If you have a passion for improving computational software applications and proprietary solutions, we have the career opportunity to keep you buzzing!
Work you’ll do:
As a Manager on our Partnership Solutions Group, Operational Partnership Services team you will:
* Refine your skillset with the ability to work with large‐scaled operating partnership tax clients on matters that mean the most to them.
* Diversify your industry experience by working on a plethora of various industries including private equity, healthcare, tech, financial products, oil & gas, green energy, real estate, consumer products, and other various industries.
* Deliver value to client experiencing a public offering (including SPACs) and interact with external counsel, underwriters, client executives, and capital market professionals through the SEC public filing process.
* Assist our client with public offering transactions including but not limited to initial proxy and registration statements for Up‐C and SPAC structures.
* Work with Up‐C clients on an on‐going basis during periodic service periods during the year.
* Develop an understanding of the public monetization transactional process, including tax receivable agreements.
* Create cutting‐edge technology that evolves around U.S. federal income tax principles for partnership tax, data analytics, and the user experience.
* Lead engagement teams and have the opportunity to work with highly motivated and dedicated teams.
* Implement strategic tax structures and processes, and oversee complex tax computation projects for clients, with emphasis on identification and communication of technical tax and service issues.
* Determine and solve for complexities with the U.S. federal income tax impact of public offerings.
* Mentor and develop of engagement staff, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
* Participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process and technology innovation.
* Identify service opportunities, manage client accounts, and advance various Deloitte initiatives.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace driver, or a technological innovation ‐ all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work‐hard/play‐hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning for the largest organizations across all industries.
In the Operational Partnership Services service line, which is a part of the Partnership Solutions Group within NFTS, Operational Partnership Services professionals counsel privately‐held and publicly‐traded partnerships across the United States on a wide range of federal tax and issues involving Up‐C, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings (IPO), post‐offering assistance, and process design and improvement. Operational Partnership Services is the leading provider of umbrella partnership C corporations (Up‐C) services, using propriety technology (iPACS.SubK) developed and deployed by Operational Partnership Services in serving our clients that assists clients both pre and post public offering process. The Operational Partnership Services practice is also heavily involved in the implementation of tax receivable agreements that are executed as part of advanced reorganization transactions that are typically associated with Up‐Cs. Industries served by the Operational Partnership Services practice include private equity, real estate, telecom, technology, healthcare, media & entertainment, energy, retail, and financial services that frequently involve asset management, venture capital, and international outbound joint ventures. Come join the team!
* Five (5)+ year of experience in federal partnership tax
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business‐related field required
* Numerical‐problem‐solving focus
* One of the following accreditations obtained:
* Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
* If not CPA eligible:
* Licensed attorney
* Enrolled Agent
* Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem‐solving, and decision‐making abilities
* Proven management experience indicating strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage budgets and workplans
* Ability to travel 15%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
* Advanced degree such as master’s in science of tax (MST), MAcc, JD, or LLM
* Big 4 or comparable experience
* Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
* Experience working in a fast‐paced, team environment
* Self‐starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
* U.S. federal income tax partnership experience
* Transaction and M&A experience
* Alteryx experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.