Who you are
- A seasoned software engineer with web application development experience who can take primary responsibility for a complex software project while supporting less experienced engineers collaborating on that project.
- A disciplined and creative problem solver who can create your own direction in a low-structure environment, and execute on it.
- The person who steps in when something needs to get done -- even if it’s not glamorous or fun or explicitly your responsibility -- and makes sure it happens.
- Someone who has or wants management experience.
- A collaborative and supportive teammate who believes that a team is greater than the sum of its parts.
What you'll do
- Quickly come up to speed on the functionality of our two products and the technology underlying them.
- Support your team members and teammates in developing their technical and other professional skills through mentorship, coaching, pair programming, and code review.
- Set and enforce clear expectations for your team members; provide support and structure for success; promptly and empathetically address occasions when expectations are not being met.
- Actively seek opportunities for your team members to grow by taking on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Guide your team members and collaborate closely with Product, Design, Support, and other Engineering teammates to achieve successful project completion.
- Delegate responsibilities and outcomes -- with appropriate guidance given their skills and experience -- to your team members in ways that will support their growth and career goals.
- Work with your team members to define and advance professional development goals
- Collaborate with teammates to resolve service interruptions and high-impact defects; participate in on-call rotation.
- Develop software “off the critical path” for our products, internal tooling, or build pipelines; collaborate with teammates on their assigned projects.
- Collaborate to optimize, refine, and codify Engineering processes and processes for collaborating with other departments.
- Lead hiring processes to fill any openings on your team.
- Ensure your team members’ focus remains aligned with department and company-level goals.
- Actively support the development of a trusting and collaborative team culture.
- At least one of:
- Prior professional experience developing software using Elixir
- Prior experience as an engineering lead or manager
- A commitment to empathetic leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to / interest in progressive causes
- Authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
Our stack includes (prior experience in all of these is not necessary)
GetThru is an all-remote company with employees spread out across the country. Work from anywhere in the U.S. as long as there is good internet.
- $140,000-180,000 base salary, depending on experience
- Compensation for participation in on-call rotation
- Additional compensation via bonuses and participation in profit-sharing pool
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- 401K + employer match that begins on or after 3 months of employment
- 100% Health / dental / vision benefits for employees, 75% for dependents
- 3 weeks of vacation time in year 1 and 2, with increases thereafter
- Additional benefits: ergonomic stipend, monthly wellness stipend, parental leave, charitable giving match
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We especially encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.