Are you looking for a really interesting role for a few months while still being flexible on where and when you work? If you are confident, adaptable, calm under pressure, good with people and able to commit to an average of 20 hours a week for four months, this could be perfect for you. You will develop useful professional skills and be able to add ‘cutting edge technical facilitation for international corporates’ to your CV. We provide a fun, stimulating and supportive environment where full training is provided. Possibility to turn into a permanent career with Hult EF but currently we are only offering freelance contracts.
We are looking to recruit a small pool of Webinar Co-ordinators (also known as Technical Facilitators or Administrators) to support our virtual classes. Your role is to ensure these online courses run smoothly from a technical perspective, and to support Faculty in giving participants an excellent experience. This means you provide a friendly, reassuring presence during the session, address questions, troubleshoot and run technical features and platforms such as breakouts, polls, videos and mentimeters. Your goal is to ensure everyone can engage well, feel well looked-after, and focus on the learning.
Professional communication and attention to detail, all whilst remaining calm under pressure are pre-requisites to success. You will be working in a supportive and accomplished Operations Team and alongside great Faculty and Sales colleagues.
- Providing excellent technical facilitation for online programs.
- Working with faculty beforehand to prepare and rehearse the technical elements and suggesting, where appropriate, best practice features that may enhance the experience.
- Providing feedback to Faculty and Program Management post-program to contribute to wider learning and future improvements.
- Naturally organized, you have it all planned out, are efficient and on top of the details
- Great people skills and presence, you enjoy working confidently with senior clients and colleagues
- You are agile, tech-savvy and a quick learner.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Good wifi, PC/laptop and headphones
- Confident with technology; ideally Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Professional verbal communication
- Ideally, experience providing great customer service especially in a B2B environment
- Fluency in other languages is a merit, but not required
What we offer
- Training on Zoom and/or MicroSoft Teams and best practice Technical Facilitation
- £10 per hour, paid weekly.
- Statutory paid breaks
- Pro rata 20 days holiday
- Flexibility; we will ask which sessions you can cover to suit your schedule, but once confirmed you must keep the commitment