Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Senior Community Care (SCC) product, we work with a team to provide care to patients at home in a nursing home, assisted living for senior housing. This life-changing work adds a layer of support to improve access to care.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making outbound calls to facilities to discuss members current health status
- Care Coordination for members
- Assist the provider/team with various care coordination activities to support the role of the On Call Nurse Practitioner
- Collaborate with the nursing facility and community members to identify and respond to changes in condition
- Assist the provider/team with inbound and outbound communications for members including telephonic assessments or acuity follow - ups
- Conduct telephonic rounding and identify high risk patients or issues for the Nurse Practitioner to follow - up
- Document all clinical information and activities in the EMR from telephonic assessments
Work from home a combination of:
- Weekdays: 5 pm - 8 am
- 8 am - 8 pm & 8 pm - 8 am weekend & holidays (Saturdays and Sundays) - OVERNIGHT (must be awake)
- PLUS rotating holidays
- Must work 4 weekend shifts a per month
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State
- 3+ years direct care clinical experience in a hospital, acute care, home health/hospice
- 6+ months on call experience as a nurse
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, EMR and ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Dedicated space for home office set up
- Access to high speed internet services
- Multi-state licensure is required for the position
- The multi-state licensure will cover: OH, IN, IA, WI, MO, KS, KY
- Licensure will need to be obtained in IL and MN
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs
- Experience triaging calls
- Managed Care experience
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.