Visa is seeking a Director, Compliance Risk Management to support our Second Line of Defense Compliance Risk Management Monitoring and Testing function. The individual will manage and oversee Visa’s Substantive Compliance Program areas, and provide oversight to ensure programs meets internal standards, applicable regulatory requirements and applies industry best practices. The candidate will work closely with First Line program owners to provide input and expertise to drive a best-in-class Compliance programs. The candidate will perform periodic testing, monitoring, and validation of business controls for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The position reports to the Vice President of Operational & Compliance Risk Management.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of risk management practices: experience in identifying, assessing, and reporting risks
- Managing and executing the Compliance testing program for Substantive Compliance Areas, including risk assessments, test strategies, work plans, schedules, and test scripts
- Identify and engage appropriate stakeholders to facilitate targeted deep dives, thematic reviews, and any additional directives from senior leadership.
- Developing and maintaining regular communication with key stakeholders to identify emerging risks, facilitate targeted deep dives, thematic reviews or leading trends that may influence overall risk posture.
- Overseeing the issues management process for all Compliance issues, including self-identified issues and other assurance providers
- Provide effective challenge to issue owners in through root cause analysis and developing mitigation action plans with clear timelines for closure
- Tracking and reporting of risk assessment, validation, and mitigation activities – including maintaining, validating, and updating key reference tools and documents for the program
- Preparing management reports and dashboards on testing status and delivering results to Business Line Management, Program Owners, the Chief Risk Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer and Governance Committees
- Staying abreast of laws, regulations, and industry best practices relevant to Compliance Programs and adjust the Compliance testing program accordingly
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Excellent data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in Testing, Validation, Quality Assurance
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (ability to translate complex information into comprehensive and concise test results and recommendations)
- Self-motivated team player
- Must be detailed oriented, have strong organizational skills and solid problem-solving abilities
- Exhibit strong planning, organizational skills
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment
- Strong Excel, Power Point, Word and Visio skills
- Education preferably in Finance, Accounting or Management Information System
- CPA, ACAMs, CRCM CISA, or CIA
- 8+ years of Audit and/or Compliance experience, particularly in AML & Sanctions, preferably with big 4 or other large financial institution, consulting firm or government agency
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma or other process improvement techniques
- Knowledge of analytics and business intelligence tools, such as Power Query, Power BI, and Tableau
- Knowledge of information systems and IT controls
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 132,200.00 to 171,900.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.