Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Country:United States of America
Location:RMA99: RTN Remote, Massachusetts
Position Role Type:Onsite
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
Field Engineering will be staffing a Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) AN/TPY-2 Radar Systems Engineer in support of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) KSA Production contract.
Prior to deployment, the Systems Engineer will be assigned to El Paso, TX but support testing and integration efforts at Pelham, NH. The period of performance for CONUS technical support at Pelham, NH is expected to span a six-month time frame, prior to deployment to KSA. At the conclusion of the support at Pelham, the System Engineer will be assigned to a THAAD Radar and support Integration and Acceptance Testing, through completion at DD250 at WSMR, NM. The System Engineer will support System Integration & Checkout (SICO) concluding with support of Radar shipment to KSA.
ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED and will require a US Expat to forward deploy to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) under the terms of a Short-Term International Assignment Memorandum of Understanding (STIA MOU).
This position does not offer relocation.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Once deployed, the CLS Systems Engineer will support a Radar team consisting of three Field Engineers assigned to the radar system. The Radar Systems Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving radar system anomalies (e.g. REX, BSG, Antenna/Sub-Array/TRIMMs) using engineering test methodologies and software tools.
- Interpret diagnostics and satellite tracks to assess overall health of the radar as well as assist in providing weekly reports on the status of engineering. The Systems Engineer will execute data archival and assist in software installation; comply with all QA and ALCS reporting requirements associated with providing accurate and complete data.
- The Systems Engineer will provide support for configuration management of hardware and software; and leads troubleshooting efforts as needed or directed by CLS Manager; review all ALCS program data to ensure that all required data has been entered to include ITR’s, calibration records, PMCS, and contains sufficient information for Failure Review Board evaluations. In summary, the Radar Systems Engineer is responsible for the health and status of the radar.
- Typically requires a University Degree and a minimum of 8 years prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active and transferable Secret U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience working in an on-site integration and test team. For Radar 1 the integration tasks will begin at Pelham Test Facility and continue at WSMR Test Facility.
- Experience operating the Radar to collect calibration dataKnowledge of radar theory and experience with Radar X-Band hardware/software concepts, RF systems, troubleshooting, and reading/utilizing hardware schematics.
- Extensive experience with LINUX or other UNIX based OS platforms (Solaris, HP-UX, etc.)
- Experience in maintaining and providing engineering assessment and corrective actions on faulted equipment, and installation and testing of engineering modifications/updates.
- Experience conducting performance assessments, troubleshooting, and analysis of Radar systems. Perform data analysis utilizing Matlab tools. Proficiency with Matlab is desired.
- Experience maintaining comprehensive documentation of integration and testing procedures, results, and issues.
- Experienced with Linux and x86 Servers.
- Proficient with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Familiarity with Network equipment configuration/setup (Cisco routers, switches etc.)
- At least five years’ experience in the troubleshooting and operational checkout of AN/TPY-2 systems.
- Experience in the planning, production, and management of complex systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with time-critical requirements.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms