Kami is not only an award-winning education startup based in Auckland, New Zealand, but a thriving organisation filled to the brim with talented, creative, and passionate people! It’s hard not to love what you do when our digital classroom platform offers meaningful solutions to over 40 million users worldwide, empowering students and supporting teachers.
You’ll be joining at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing by the day. With over 100 team members based across Auckland, the USA, South Africa, Europe and Brazil, we couldn’t be more proud of the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved to date. Now, this is your chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth, while shaping your own future, and having fun in the process.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our dynamic and fast-growing team. Reporting directly to the CGO & Co-Founder, you will play a pivotal role in our strategy to develop new markets to enable us to share Kami with the world. The ideal candidate will possess a strong mix of creativity, problem-solving skills, technical acumen, and a deep understanding of how users interact with Kami.
We’re not called Kami-leons for nothing! You’ll be working with a team full of agile, flexible and open-minded people who want to make a difference in the world (and enjoy the process too!).
If you’re looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to have a real impact on the lives of millions, then this is your opportunity. Kami is growing fast and so will you.
What you'll do:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data from various sources to identify key market trends, customer preferences, and competitive landscapes.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports using business intelligence tools, providing actionable insights and visualizations for key stakeholders within the Go-to-Market team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Marketing, Sales, and Product Management, to understand business needs and provide data-driven recommendations for effective strategies.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to support market segmentation, pricing optimization, and sales forecasting.
- Identify and track key performance indicators (KPIs), monitoring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, sales initiatives, and product launches.
- Conduct market research activities, including customer surveys, interviews, and data mining, to uncover valuable insights and inform strategic decision-making.
- Work closely with the Data team to ensure data integrity, troubleshoot data-related issues, and continuously improve data quality and availability.
- Stay current with industry best practices, emerging trends in data analysis, and business intelligence tools, providing recommendations for improving the team's data processes and analytical capabilities.
What you get out of it
- Working for a people-first employer that is on an inspiring mission to build the future of education while changing the lives of millions
- Excellent perks including a reserved car park in Parnell, catered lunches, regular social events, wellness activities, and much more!
- Flexible working approach that is truly flexible to your needs
- Learning and development opportunities and the chance to grow and shape your future with Kami
- A diverse and challenging role
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re not only helping modern-day superheroes aka teachers, but also helping them shape the minds of future generations all across the globe
Kami is an equal-opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
If this sounds like your dream role then apply now and let's chat!
This position requires regular global travel
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience. A master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Data Analyst or Business Intelligence Specialist, preferably within a Go-to-Market or similar commercial team.
- Strong proficiency in SQL for data extraction, manipulation, and analysis. Experience with programming languages such as Python or R is a plus.
- Proficiency in using business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Looker) to create reports and dashboards.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis, data modeling, and predictive analytics techniques.
- Solid understanding of marketing and sales principles, customer segmentation, and pricing strategies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, including effectively communicating complex data findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.