Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
What Relativity Has to Offer:
Relativity's software helps users organize data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects. They offer their employees great benefits like:
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
As a Lead Software Engineer, your primary mission will be to design, write, test, deploy, and support new and existing Relativity software products, in a brand new, startup-style Relativity office in Krakow, Poland. We’re looking for someone who has an interest in developing next-generation technologies and a passion for getting things done. Is experienced and leverages to solve complex problems. Enjoys working with smart people and having fun building something great. The perfect team member is also versatile, displays leadership qualities and is enthusiastic about tackling new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. Enjoys taking responsibility in a self-managing team and understands and supports principles of Agile, like iterative approach, ability to cope with constant change, feedback culture where everything is assessed quickly and changed to fit. If you have the desire to be continually challenged and work where boredom is an anomaly, then join our Krakow team and be part of a successful Agile-oriented company, experiencing rapid growth in the eDiscovery field, that is currently building its new R&D office in Poland!
The Enrichment Team
Relativity’s “Enrichment” product is the fastest way to feed terabytes of complex and abstract data into the Relativity’s Review platform. As part of the Enrichment team, you will work on modernizing the Enrichment user experience, deal with the unique challenge of processing a diverse set of documents, a tremendous amount of data and do complicated data extraction at blazing speeds. If an opportunity to deal with big-data, solve complex scalability challenges, and learn a distinct set of technologies on a secure SaaS platform excites you, then this is the right team for you.Responsibilities
- Contributing to a Scrum team that solves complex challenges and builds working software.
- Producing high quality code in an effective manner.
- Being a dependable and highly skilled team member is a role model for others and a source of knowledge and inspiration for them.
- Troubleshooting issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems.
- Working on a scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies and client component interaction through web services.
- Building a highly distributable eDiscovery system composed of multiple databases, processing, and web servers, that have potential to be used in other industries that require heavy processing on big, unstructured document sets.
Lead Software Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others, in the administration of their position:
- Provide technical leadership to the team. This includes making critical technical decisions, setting coding standards, and ensuring that best practices are followed in software development.
- Communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as product managers, designers, and quality assurance.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications and standards.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommends changes in policies and procedures.
- Encourages pair programming to communicate design knowledge throughout the Scrum team.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team, helping them grow their technical skills and advance in their careers.
- Is always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers.
- 8+ years of experience in software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, experience in .NET core.
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools (BitBucket, Jenkins, Git) including unit testing, preferably TDD approach.
- Good understanding of Cloud Native Patterns and Azure cloud will be a plus.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile frameworks.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Compensation Relativity is committed to competitive, fair and equitable compensation practices
- This position is eligible for total compensation which includes a competitive base salary, annual performance bonus target of 10%, and long-term incentives. The expected salary range for this role is between 213,529 and 288,892 PLN gross/year (Employment Contract). The final offered salary will be based on several factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s depth of experience, skill set, qualifications, and internal pay equity. Hiring at the top end of the range would not be typical, to allow for future meaningful salary growth in this position.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.