At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on our company page.About you
You’re an analytical problem-solver ready to put your skills toward purposeful work that has a global impact. You want to lead the way in innovation, exploring the latest technologies and finding new solutions. You thrive in a collaborative environment and are eager to work with and learn alongside the best in Product, Design, and Engineering.About this role
The Globalization pod is a collection of teams focused on customizing Udemy’s education products for non-U.S. markets around the globe. In this role, you will work with product managers, designers and engineers to drive data-informed decisions about how we prioritize, drive, and measure our international business goals. Success in this role will require a combination of strong communication and collaboration skills, sharp product sense, a customer-centric mindset, and solid technical data science skills.What you'll be doing:
- Working with the Globalization PMs and Marketing teams to quantify, understand, and prioritize Udemy’s global business and product goals.
- Drive data-informed decision making within the Globalization pod by equipping PMs and engineers with self-service analytics tools, and conducting ad hoc analyses and causal studies for the team.
- Build metrics & dashboards for the Globalization product and marketing teams to understand user behaviours, key customer journeys, and help identify challenges and opportunities for the team based on patterns in user data.
- Build metrics to measure course enrolments, course engagement, and user retention in specific markets, and use those metrics to help brainstorm potential product experiments to drive improvements in them.
- Help the team establish high-quality eventing to allow the tracking of detailed user behaviours along customer journeys through Udemy’s products.
- Work with the team to develop a rich program of experimentation and A/B testing to improve learner experiences in all of Udemy’s products within key international markets.
- Help PMs and engineers understand differences in local learner consumption patterns and user behaviours in various global markets.
- Demonstrated track record leading major data science or analytics team projects in prior roles.
- 8+ years of relevant hands-on experience in product or business analytics roles.
- Strong business intuition and judgment, and experience applying prioritization frameworks to your work (e.g., RICE, Eisenhower matrix).
- Exceptional data storytelling and data visualization ability. Experience with Mode and/or Tableau is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of applied statistics, experimental design, and analysis of A/B tests.
- Expert SQL ability and proficiency with 1+ programming languages (e.g., Python).
- Experience building automated big data pipelines using tools like Spark, Airflow, and dbt.
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability.Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the India:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, life and income protection coverage
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement. 26 weeks paid maternity leave for birthing parents as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: 12% of your base salary or INR 1,800 per month
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Holidays: 25 paid holidays throughout the year plus bank holidays
When you join Udemy in our Asia Pacific (APAC) region, you’ll have the chance to help our globally established business grow locally. We have a solid foundation and a great reputation — and you can be part of the next stage of our journey.
Our investment in the region is significant, with offices in Australia and India and an expanding presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, and beyond. It comes with countless opportunities to make learning more accessible to millions. You’ll work with various cultures with unique needs, affording you the chance to learn and progress in your career. And that progression doesn’t come at the cost of work-life balance; people are at the heart of our mission, which is why we’re committed to looking after ours.
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.