Deloitte is one of the largest professional services firms, which means that we touch nearly every aspect of business.
Deloitte employs more than 100,000 people in the United States across its Audit & Assurance, Risk and Financial Advisory, Consulting and Tax practices. Our range of services and depth of resources create the potential to make an impact through most any career. Right now, our professionals are working closely with organizations that enable social change, spark disruptive technologies, fund cures for diseases, implement sustainability solutions, prevent identity theft, foster inclusive cultures, enhance trust in the capital markets, and a lot more.
At Deloitte, we know it’s essential for our people to be comfortably and authentically themselves. We are committed to being a place where our people feel like they belong and can succeed by recruiting, developing, and promoting a diverse workforce while providing unique opportunities and career paths for our people.
Hedge Funds -
Are you a leader and passionate about financial products and understand tax planning and returns, identifying complex tax issues for a variety of hedge fund clients, Subchapter K, wash sale and constructive sale rules, and aggregate allocations? If this is music to your ears, and you love a challenge and a very fast‐paced environment, we have the career for you!
What You’ll Do
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker‐dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
* 4+ years’ experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business‐related field
* One of the following accreditations obtained:
* Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
* If not CPA eligible:
* Licensed attorney
* Enrolled Agent
* Demonstrated basic understanding of Subchapter K, financial products, wash sale and constructive sale rules, as well as familiarity with aggregate allocations
* Experience working in a fast‐paced, team environment
* Experience managing projects, including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence and billing.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* Previous Big 4 experience
* Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.