Our hope is that Seesaw will help teachers create these moments for every student in the world, every single day. We’re just getting started, but we’re well on the way towards achieving this vision -- Seesaw is used by millions of students in over half the schools in the US, and teachers and students love us (Check out this real-time search for what people are saying about us on Twitter).
Seesaw is looking for an Engineering Manager who has experience leading people and projects to join our growing team. As an engineering manager at Seesaw, you will have the opportunity to help engineers grow and teams thrive, solve complex technical challenges at a significant scale, and build a product loved by millions of teachers, students, and family members worldwide. You will influence our product roadmap, our technical architecture, and our engineering culture, laying a strong foundation for our next phases of growth.
- Grow and develop an exceptional engineering team through hiring, career development, coaching, and performance management
- Own the engineering outcome of your team’s work through an effective process, clear goal-setting, and an effective balance of product and technical investment
- Provide technical and organizational guidance to both your team members and your peers in the engineering team
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers on product strategy
- Foster an environment of teamwork and a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects Seesaw’s values
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role with 2+ years experience managing software engineers
- You have actively helped ship web and native mobile software used by millions of users
- You have a deep understanding of technologies and best practices to build products
- You love listening to engineers and helping them succeed in their career paths
- Experienced in recruiting and onboarding new hires
- Excellent communication skills
A Little About Us:
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users
- We prioritize work-life balance
- We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours, and off-sites
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.