Learn more about our company: The Webster Apartments
- Works to provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Strives to achieve excellence in day-to day operations; exhibits accountability; takes “ownership” of work
- Ensures compliance with all security, fire and safety regulations
- Collects information as necessary and reports back to supervisor
- Conducts maintenance of physical plant, including observance, recording, and reporting of temperatures, gauges, and necessary repairs. Demonstrates knowledge of fire alarm panel and related systems.
- Performs plumbing repairs, including leaks, drains, valves, traps and pumps.Demonstrates depth of knowledge about steam heating.
- Performs electrical repairs, including but not limited to appliances, fixtures, sockets, outlets, GFCIs, and circuit breakers.
- Completes painting, drywall and other repair/replacement projects as scheduled.
- Maintains equipment and tools routinely.
- Organizes / maintains inventory, storage and, maintenance shop daily.
- Conducts daily general inspections of building, and reports findings to Facilities Manager.
- Performs maintenance and repair of all appliances.
- Installs hinges, door closers, locks, cylinders, etc.
- Inspects and restores the rooms and common areas to acceptable working conditions.
- Assists in training more junior handymen to complete work assignments successfully.
While preforming the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Must be able to climb steps, balance, kneel, crouch or crawl to complete his/her duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities to perform his/her job duties.