Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $510 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion. We have the objective of reaching 600 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2022!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Barcelona, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be part of a great and growing adventure that we hope will change the way the world consumes tech.
The role and team
As a Managing Editor, you’ll be the key driver in defining content strategies that are insightful, compelling, and aligned with the brand and company mission.
You’ll be the lifeline that connects different cross-functional teams, from communications to product to marketing, working with department heads to create and implement a global editorial calendar that amplifies our mission through boundary-pushing editorial content.
Communication, collaboration, and organization is second nature to you. And you’ll bring your deep understanding of editorial to guide writers in producing clear, concise, and sincere content anyone can understand.
In this role, you’ll need to be a self-start capable of bringing creative (or just plain weird) solutions that push the limits of what content is today. You’ll be tuned into industry trends and current events. If we had to sum it up: people might say that you think content eats strategy for breakfast.
You’ll be part of the Brand team at Back Market. We’re a team of self-aware creative and communication experts striving to stay off the beaten path, while staying honest about the company’s mission. We take an open minds, open hearts approach to new influences, cultures, and feedback.
- Define content strategies that reinforce Back Market’s mission and aligns with company objectives.
- Create the global editorial calendar in collaboration with department heads in Communications, Marketing, and Product.
- Manage and and oversee the implementation of the global editorial calendar
- Monitor the success or failure of editorial campaigns to find opportunities and ways to better leverage content across channels.
- Maintain company writing standards by reviewing and editing writers’ deliverables so that they are consistent with the brand voice and guidelines.
- Raise the bar on creativity by developing compelling and engaging content strategy that results in effective, culturally relevant, and insightful campaigns.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across teams to identify gaps and opportunities for content.
- Brief and manage writing projects to in-house and/or freelance writers to ensure sure top-notch content is produced on time.
You're perfect if you have:
- Solid experience (say around 8 years) developing content strategy for consumer-facing digital content (product, apps, platforms) for international brands.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills with a good sense of finding balance between humor and sincerity; a high level of discernment about your audience that allows you help writers communicate a message in the most effective way.
- The soft skills needed to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment within the company (art directors, designers, strategists, product managers, department heads) and externally (freelancers, commercial partners, agencies, etc.).
- Proven track record of defining, tracking, and leveraging KPIs for content initiatives
- The ability to manage multiple initiatives at once, a deft hand in prioritization and comfortability working in fast-paced environments.
- Empathy and the curiosity to dive deep into complex topics and distill them in a way that anyone can understand.
- A belief in our mission and ideas about opportunities for better storytelling.
- A desire to keep learning and a willingness to accept feedback from your team.
Nice to have:
- Experience with product design tools is a huge plus (Confluence, Figma, etc.).
- A knack for digital tools and new experiential technologies.
- Language fluency in another market where we’re present.
- A love for pop-culture and an interest in current events.
If all of this speaks to you, be sure to link to an online portfolio or include a PDF of your portfolio in your application.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- An attractive salary that comes with equity options, health insurance, paid maternity and parental leave, 401K, commuter benefits, mental health support, and more,
- Flexible working hours and hybrid models that let you choose which days you to work in the office and at home (because work-life balance is an individual right).
- Professional development programs, internal mobility, and the opportunity to make your career what you want it to become.
- A meaningful mission. But also fun. We're serious about changing the landscape of the electronics industry and we like to keep things spicy.
- A booming scale-up: we are rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- Welcoming, safe, and inclusive working environment where everyone's opinion, differences, and backgrounds are heard and respected.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate with regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by applicable law.