At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Job Title: Sr. Curriculum Designer
Here at ServiceNow, we are making work, work better for people! Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Our Sales enablement team designs, develops, and delivers product training and enablement for ServiceNow’s Sales organization. We are passionate about making ServiceNow an incredible place to work for every employee and helping ServiceNow achieve its mission. We partner with leaders in our Strategy, Development, LMS teams, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to help them achieve their business objectives through learning solutions.
As an Instructional Designer, you will make a difference by designing and developing learning experiences to help learners achieve growth in assisting with their acquisition and application of knowledge. Leveraging a design thinking model and global teams, you will engineer dynamic high-quality content that helps learners to understand our products and solutions to the best of their ability!
What you get to do in this role
- Create engaging, authentic, and relevant learning journeys for various roles resulting in the highest quality outcomes for learners
- Research, design, develop, evaluate, and improve sales content and learning assets for ServiceNow products, including but not limited to:
- eLearning modules
- Job aids
- Facilitator and Participant guides
- Recommend innovative learning experiences to support an engaging environment for eLearning, ILTs, blended learning, Webinars, mobile learning, videos, and VILTs with a clear focus on microlearning, adaptive design, gamification, and AR/VR
- Liaise with other team members, SMEs, and BUs to ensure the development of materials per required standards and brand guidelines, including accessibility, quality, sustainability requirements, and others, as required
- Participate and lead design thinking sessions and recommend new strategies to innovate content development
- Apply Adult learning theories and ID models (Bloom’s taxonomy, ADDIE, Gagne’s 9 Principles, Kirkpatrick model, Keller’s ARCS model, etc.)
- Deliver high-quality content by doing self-reviews, quality assurance of material developed and paying attention to precise details
- Demonstrate commitment to ServiceNow’s vision and values
- Contribute to design planning and strategy, standards, quality, team success, and ServiceNow culture
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and uplift of ServiceNow portfolio products, engaging in ongoing research and considering product improvement opportunities
- Project-manage, create project plans, and handle assigned learning design projects end-to-end
- Perform peer reviews of the storyboard, design, etc.
- Have a basic understanding of the LMS system, SCORM, SharePoint, and Smartsheet and the ability to use these
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Teams
- Expert knowledge of eLearning tools, such as Articulate 360, RISE, Camtasia, Captivate, etc.
- Facilitate vILT and Classroom training or Webinars
What you need to succeed
- 8-10 years of Instructional Design and content development experience
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to independently prioritize shifting workload in high growth, ever-changing environment
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to master new technologies and subjects (including technical product documentation) in a short time
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with quality performance
- Willingness to embrace the unknown, be flexible, and continually learn in an ever-changing environment
- Be abreast of the latest eLearning trends in the industry
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
- Strong growth and creative mindset, always looking for ways to improve and lead by example
Why you’ll love working here
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed. We win as a team!
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organization is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of the path to $15 billion. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of our sellers, partners, each other, mentorship, lifelong learning, and supporting our learners in the field.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.