Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
What We're Looking For
We are seeking an energetic, mid-career professional with sales experience and expertise in corporate sustainability, energy or a related field to help our firm grow our client base and the market for carbon management and removal. A combination of a business and scientific background is a particular asset as is experience with the carbon markets.
This position will play a critical role developing Carbon Direct’s sales function across the Americas.Responsibilities
- Develop sales strategy and processes for Carbon Direct in the Americas
- Lead the acquisition of new sales and assist with the retention and growth of existing clients – using technical expertise, in depth knowledge of Carbon Direct’s products and interpersonal skills to sell CD’s products and services through:
- Ongoing landscaping and prospecting
- Building relationships with key stakeholders within the territory
- Creating and delivering customized presentations in person and online
- Providing written proposals and subject matter expertise for products
- Owning CD’s CRM tools to support cultivating, maintaining, and engaging prospects through tailored sales cycles
- Work strategically with Carbon Direct teams to improve conversion and retention rates and connect the marketing, sales and account management functions
- Serve on internal technical and/or business working groups as necessary, (e.g. Environmental Justice working group)
- Extensive sales experience, preferably selling consulting/professional services engagements to Fortune 100 clients, closing complex software and services sales and maintaining client satisfaction
- Background in carbon removal, corporate sustainability, energy, or a related field
- Proven track record of balancing prospecting, existing customer sales, and developing engagements – experience executing a full territory plan is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to meet informational needs across a wide range of actors
- Creative problem solver who can structure solutions for diverse client requirements
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills to meet fast-paced deadlines
- A collaborative and results-oriented
- Passionate about climate action
- Curious and hungry to learn
- This role will have Pacific time working hours
- Due to onsite client travel and need for time zone alignment, we strongly prefer candidates in San Francisco or Seattle
Does this role sound like a good fit? Interested candidates should submit a CV and a short cover letter via Lever.
This is a full-time opportunity. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
Compensation: $110,000-$150,000 base + variable
*range covers multiple levels, as determined throughout the course of the interview process
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:
Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here.
20 days of paid time off and 11 company-wide holidays
16 weeks of paid parental and family leave
Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup
*These benefits apply to U.S.-based employees only. Employees outside of the U.S. receive benefits that vary by country. To learn more, contact email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.