At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.Job Description
Intuitive is creating a new surgical robotic systems manufacturing facility in Peachtree Corners, GA. This position will be a key member of a new manufacturing engineering team that will establish, transfer, qualify and scale complex medical surgical robotic systems manufacturing lines. This position requires an extremely motivated individual with high capacity to learn, analyze and drive technical issues to closure in the manufacturing environment. It requires both a proactive mindset to build a strong technical understanding of the product/processes, and a high level of urgency to react to unplanned problems when they arise. Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
You will be responsible for supporting the duplication, qualification, and sustaining of manufacturing lines that build Multi Port (MP) robotic systems in Peachtree Corners. You will develop the manufacturing test and diagnostic software that assures the performance and safety of robot subsystems. The position will require close collaboration with product development teams, systems analysts, electrical equipment engineers, manufacturing engineers, supplier engineers, quality engineers, and suppliers to build a test strategy and develop software.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of manufacturing test fixtures, software and test system quality
- Develop a deep technical understanding of product operation, control and testing algorithms
- Design, document, and qualify test systems and software for use in manufacturing new robot subsystems
- Work independently to overcome roadblocks with minimum guidance
- Troubleshoot production line issues
- Improve the manufacturing test capability through new technology, software and analytics
- Provide technical support, including failure analysis, for discrepant product and manufacturing issues.
- Integrate developed SW with HW in a regulated industry.
- Position may initially require up to 25% travel at times, primarily within the US.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechatronics Engineering, Electronical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in hardware-oriented software development
- Experience with design and development of Windows PC or Web user interfacing
- Expert in object-oriented Python
- Experience developing robotic or electro-mechanical systems, including control systems and mechatronics
- Good hands-on experience with prototyping, cabling, assembling, and integrating test fixtures
- Demonstrated technical leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Drives projects to completion
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Intellectually curious and passionate
- High emotional intelligence and solid people skills
- Experience with electronic lab equipment
- Basic use of electrical and mechanical tools
- Full stack frontend & backend web application development
- Web technologies such as RESTful APIs, JSON, sockets
- Familiarity with Matlab, SQL database
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with different communication protocols such as RS232, CAN, Ethernet
- Automated product or software testing
- Experience in medical device manufacturing or regulated engineering environment
- Experience working in a product manufacturing environment
- Experience with version control tools (git preferred)
- Experience with Atlassian toolset (i.e. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
#911Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : 10% of the time