Novelis has an immediate opening for a Procurement Operations Lead (POL). This position reports to the Sr. Manager NNA Procurement Operations.As a Procurement Operations Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring the
effective and efficient supply of raw materials, direct and indirect goods, and
services to the Can Operations Value Stream with a strong focus on Safety, Quality,
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and Innovation. You are also responsible for the
effective management and success of the manufacturing unit’s Sustaining Capital
Expenditures. The POL identifies risks to operations across the suppliers’ value
chains and defines mitigating actions.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset! We embrace diversity to see real
world problems through various lenses, and make breath through technology
possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and
their families to give back to their communities through numerous volunteer events.
We also work with non-profit partners, local schools towards making communities
safer, and growing recycling by consumers. Novelis also supports Science,
Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education initiatives. We operate in a
strong and encouraging environment, with opportunities to be part of our employee
mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
- The POL will coordinate and lead all efforts to eliminate sole source, single source supply to all Plants. This will require collaboration and coordination with Technical Services, Commercial Teams, Quality Teams, and various Procurement Category Management Teams to run trials on alternative supply.
- Works with Plant Leadership and Regional & Global Procurement Teams, to meet or exceed the plants savings budget in an attempt to control spend, whilst building a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Develop an understanding of the major materials and supply flows into and out of the facility with focus on cost optimization, supplier options, and vulnerabilities that can impact the efficiency of operations. Drive risk mitigation efforts in collaboration with other cross-functional teams to address these vulnerabilities.
- Ensures the effective and efficient supply of raw materials, direct and indirect goods, and services to the manufacturing unit Through continuous improvement methodologies (Value Stream Mapping, Innovation Events, etc), drives Procurement Cost Improvements in the plants to be more efficient by streamlining and
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or similar, MBA a plus;
- Proven experience of 5-7 years in Procurement, Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations as well as Influential Leadership;
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office; SAP and/or Oracle experience is a plus;
- Experience in Negotiation and Commercial Terms Management;
- Able to work cross-functionally within a Manufacturing environment;
- While this position will report out of the Atlanta, GA Headquarter Office, the ideal candidate should be located near the Berea, KY or Warren, OH areas.