Welcome to CareerTrack!
NASCAR supports employee growth and development.
Growth comes in many ways - added duties, projects, cross functional team participation, leadership exposure, coursework, and new positions. In an effort to assist employees who wish to seek a new position in the company, NASCAR has an internal application process just for employees.
When a new position becomes available, it will be posted on our internal career portal; positions will also be posted on the company’s external employment website.
Employees should review the Internal Job Posting Guidelines to ensure they meet the criteria.
Qualified employees can apply directly to the position through CareerTrack, which bypasses the external online application process.
Remember to involve your manager in your career goals and keep in mind that managerial approval is required prior to applying for a position.
When our employees grow, so do we!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Manager, Track Content based in our Chicago, Illinois office (on-site 5 days per week).
The Senior Manager, Track Content - Chicago is responsible for delivering content and social media value through strategy, content development and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ideate, develop and manage weekly and monthly collaborative process between NASCAR and Chicago Street Course team to align on promotional efforts and identify content opportunities
- Provide high level, strategic content support for the league’s social and digital channels, NASCAR owned tracks,, specific to the Chicago Street Course
- Manage engaging and revenue generating opportunities for NASCAR owned tracks including Chicago Street Course within the NASCAR and track platforms
- Oversee and execute content development by leveraging relevant tools (e.g. Adobe’s creative suite) and working with NASCAR Studios, digital video, creative design, and track social teams
- Work with internal and external partners to develop branded content that delivers value across all mediums with particular focus on social
- Leverage social media analytics (in collaboration with Analytics & Insights team) and apply key learnings to content strategy
- Maintain current knowledge of, conduct regular research on and monitor other sites (both sport and non-sport) for latest online innovations and technology
- Collaborate with local community and partners to create seamless storytelling opportunities
- Travel: up to 40% travel, including weekends
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four (4) year college or university and a minimum of five (6) years of current experience in social media and content development.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common factions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Proficient on all Company provided hardware and software. Knowledge of social media content management and reporting platforms. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of and experience with social media content management and reporting platforms
- Proven track record of creative and innovative thinking especially in the social space
- Passion for digital and social media and using those disciplines to advance business goals
- Experience managing partner relationships and proactively ideating around social and digital activations
- Experience working with sports and entertainment properties preferred
- Experience working with video and design tools and software
- Proficient knowledge of NASCAR preferred
- Able to work a non-traditional work week, including nights and weekends
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.