Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
- Ensuring a clean and safe patient care unit, assisting patients with activities of daily life (bath, feed, play, etc.
- Collects patient specimens (blood, urine, stool, other per policy), paying close attention to patient safety, comfort, and accuracy of information.
- Uses Hospital Information Systems as required for patient care, (e.g., documenting vital signs and patient care activities.)
- Accurately relays information from physicians, nurses, laboratory personnel and others.
- Transport's patients and delivers reports, supplies, etc., to other patient units or Institute locations as needed.
- Ensures an adequate stock of all necessary equipment and supplies in designated areas at established par levels.
- Courteously and professionally covers patient care unit front desk as needed. This includes promptly answering telephones, greeting patients, sending reports, distributing, sorting, or processing mail, entering orders, managing medical record, etc.
- Participates in unit, departmental, and hospital education programs
- Attends unit meetings regularly as specified in policy.
- Minimum 1 year patient care experience preferred
- Able to read and write accurately.
- Able to understand laboratory orders, computer information, and some medical terminology.
- Comfortable with obtaining specimens, including blood specimens, from a patient population that is primarily pediatric and often ill, handicapped, or restricted in some way.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider (HCP) Certification