Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Sr Manufacturing Excellence Manager is responsible for the development, alignment, and execution of a factory wide performance improvement strategy. The role acts as the center of expertise and single point of contact for Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives in the factory.
Directly reporting to the Factory Manager and functionally partner with Market TPM Regional Managers, the role is accountable for NCE Implementation Strategy, Nestle Pillar activities, and Industrial Performance responsibilities within the factory. They will also supervise Manufacturing Excellence Specialists where applicable.
- Co-develop Factory improvement strategy that considers:
- Business priorities
- Loss Analysis / External Benchmarks
- 3 years planned progression of KPI's, People and workplace transformation (Factory Vision).
- Gain alignment from the Factory Leadership Team / Key Stakeholders around the 3-year plan and cascade across all factory levels (communication strategy).
- Partner with Factory Leadership Team and Local Leadership Teams to translate the factory improvement strategy into Implementation Plans to deliver the expected results that include:
- NCE rollout plan & digital road map
- Key improvement projects
- Important competency building activities
- External benchmarking and support requirements
- Support the execution of the improvement plan by:
- Ensures proper governance / routines at Factory & Local leadership levels to track execution progression and improvement sustainability
- Spend time on factory floor to evaluate maturity progression and identify key opportunities.
- Provide guidance and feedback to leadership and align on corrective actions to adjust execution plans
- Develop Factory Leadership Team / Pillar Owners ability to identify opportunities to transform workplace, people, and behaviors to deliver results through GEMBA visits
- Partner with HR/Education & Training Pillar to establish and evaluate robustness of function/pillar capability plan
- Train and coach Factory Leadership Team/Pillar Owners/System Owners on needed system competences based on development needs and escalate for external support as needed
- Bachelors’ Degree in Industrial Engineering or related degree required.
- MBA preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired.
- 8-10+ years of experience in a manufacturing or continuous improvement environment, required. Food or CPG experience preferred.
- 2-3 Years’ Minimum years of direct Production/Maintenance floor experience
- 2-3 Years’ Experience working with factory management/leadership team
- Success in Leading & Developing cross functional teams
- 2-3 Years’ experience of project management, loss intelligence, & advanced problem solving
- 2-3 Years Minimum years in Goal Alignment/TPM/Lean implementation
- Strong knowledge of digital tools including Power BI, MES Systems, SAP and other visualization tools/data analytics experience preferred.
- Strong leadership in cultural change management & managing multiple complex priorities and ability to work with all factory levels
- Ability to understand/learn new manufacturing processes and quickly identify their challenges and areas of opportunity
- Experience in developing Line labor standards, Budget preparation/review, and line capability/speed studies
- Advanced knowledge of TPM
- Strong Problem-Solving capabilities
- Solid understanding of Change Management
- Demonstrated track record and competence on TPM, Lean and/or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodologies and implementations.
- Project Management capabilities
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Creating New Possibilities for Consumers, Communities and Your Career Nestlé has been nourishing a growing world for generations. No matter where... Read more