UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- This role provides subject matter expertise in large scale project management, including project scope definition, project staging and phasing, project methodology and tools, and resource allocation
- This role may manage, directly and indirectly, other project resources such as project analysts, change managers, and language team members
- This role will partner resources from the People Team, IT and the business as well as other third parties/vendors to deliver the program objectives
- This person will bring strong communication skills needed to deliver project updates to the project team. This role will serve as a trusted partner to safely assist in delivering large, complex programs that further UnitedHealth Group’s people objectives and add value to its employees
- Act as a Digital Transformation Workstream participant, completing quality execution of assigned tasks
- Provide HR business and technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing solution designs and procedures that meet business requirements
- Produce effective solution design documentation which captures and communicates business process and requirements
- Provide cross-functional knowledge for People Technology by quickly learning new applications or COEs (partners, the business) . Advance knowledge of technology landscape and how applications work together
- Collaborate with business partners, People Technology, and Optum Technology to ensure alignment on business requirements, plan projects, and contribute to solution design and delivery efforts
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions in partnership with assigned Product Owners. Support Product Owners with documenting business requirements, acceptance criteria, and system needs
- Participate in the planning, facilitation, and support of People Technology roadmaps
- Update the People Technology Inventory documentation from vendor RFP/RFI processes
- Assist in leading large, complex, multi-year, multi-million-dollar projects to achieve key business objectives while ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Develop a detailed project plan and measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Partner with subject matter advisors within the People Team, IT and the business to drive collaboration and communication
- Identify downstream impacts, including process, technology and change management and then coordinate with the appropriate contacts to solve
- Perform tactical tsks as needed with an eye on strategic and long-term goals
- Contribute to the development of a Program Management Center of Excellence, including governance and tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years Project Management experience in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge of Human Capital systems and processes
- Capacity to build and manage relationships across a large enterprise and matrix relationships
- Vendor management
- PMP Certification
- Business analysis and consultation experience, technology solution design experience
- Cloud HCM and processes knowledge
- Healthcare industry experience
- Exposure to multiple PM methodologies
- Project Management Office process implementation & re-engineering
- Solid analytical, problem-solving and financial analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealth Group. Discover rewarding opportunities as we help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. Join a team of people who are talented, compassionate and driven. We will support you with the global outreach, resources and inclusive culture we’re proud to foster as a Fortune 5 company. We encourage you to grow as we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more