Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Pharmacist-Clinical Account Manager is responsible for leading the effort to identify, quantify, and develop actionable cost containment strategies. The Clinical Account Manager will also implement pharmacy benefit design best practices to optimize the financial management of the pharmacy benefit while improving health outcomes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. This is a remote/telecommuter position that may require, when travel normalizes, 1-2 overnight trips per month to Columbus, Ohio.
- Oversee and implement quality improvement efforts
- Pharmacy and medical claim data mining and analysis in support of developing cost containment strategies
- Analysis and reporting of key pharmacy benefits metrics and success measures
- Assist contractors and staff on all matters related to rate setting
- Preferred drug list (PDL) design and all clinical reporting
- Strategy development and execution to optimize mandatory Federal, State Supplemental and Medical Supply rebate revenue
- Supports and serves as back-up for the Account Manager and Clinical Pharmacist as appropriate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Pharm.D. degree, MBP, MHA, MPA or other advanced business degree or comparable work experience
- Ohio-licensed registered pharmacist in good standing
- Experience working with drug compendia/databases
- Demonstrated knowledge in the clinical therapeutic groupings of drugs using various data elements available through drug databases such as First Data Bank and/or Medispan
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMS rules, regulations, and guidance regarding Medicare and Medicaid
- 3+ years management experience with Medicaid or a large private sector pharmacy benefits manager
- 3+ years of experience working with pharmacy pricing algorithms, preferably in public sector programs
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more