- Drive the implementation of the clinical diagnostic strategy for therapeutic programs in early and late stage oncology clinical development.
- Lead and coordinate resources from multiple functional areas (Biomarker research, Regulatory, Pathology, Clinical Science, Biosample Management, Clinical Operations and Medical Affairs)
- Manage activities and tech transfers across various AbbVie sites for CDx programsand understand cost drivers associated with contract types and drive negotiations that ensure the best value for quality, pricing, and service.
- The liaison for CDx and external CROs, oversee the CRO/diagnostic partnering transfer activities with functional area leads.
- Oversee implementation of clinical trial assays at reference labs and centralized testing vendors.Monitors all changes in study scope ensuring timely finalization and implementation; including the negotiation of change order costs for impacted agreements.
Responsible for communication of status of negotiations with key internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Accountable for all activities involving start-up execution and close-out of all contracts, budgets and time-lines. Demonstrates a high level of outsourcing and technical competencies across multiple contract types and therapeutic/functional areas. Highly competent in negotiation and contracting business standards. Acts as the first line contact for issue escalation related to contracts
- BS or equivalent education and extensive, typically 7+ years of relevant experience; MS or equivalent education with typically 3+ years of relevant experience; PhD with typically 1+ years of relevant experience. Must have CDx expertise in oncology
- Experience with the discovery, characterization, clinical validation and launch of companion diagnostics
- Experience in development, outsourcing and validation of clinically applicable BM and CDx assays
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Minimum Salary $95,500
Maximum Salary $181,500
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
We are AbbVie. A global Fortune 500 biopharmaceutical company creating life-changing medicines and first-in-kind solutions that make a real... Read more