Visa is looking for a highly motivated and analytical Finance Manager to join our Global Advisory Services Finance team. This Finance Manager will drive analytics to enable business decision-making for the Global Advisory Services business. The position involves delivering important insights to senior finance leaders and executive management and requires strong influencing skills. This position will have exposure to both topline and expense managerial scopes through leadership of key initiatives as well as own business partner responsibilities. As a finance business partner, this person will cultivate operational partnerships to drive strategic and financial thought leadership. The ideal candidate will have a deep background in financial and business analytics, preferably with a public company, and demonstrated experience collaborating across functions in a global, matrixed organization.
- Lead key financial activities for the Advisory Services business, including annual financial planning, quarterly outlook and business reviews, monthly rolling forecast, multi-year planning, month-end reporting and analytics
- Provide meaningful driver-based analytics and insights to senior leadership and executive management audience on the Advisory Services’ business’ financial performance and forward-looking outlook
- Understand business levers and recommend measures to further improve financial results and business margins, while assessing financial risks and opportunities, and evaluating options to optimize return on investments
- Establish efficient processes and expand the reporting and analytics capabilities across broader Advisory
- Provide decision support to leadership on investment / project decisions as well as strategic organizational and functional developments
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on core process improvements, building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables
- Spearhead ad-hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team and organization(s)
Strategic Advice and Partnership:
- Partner closely with cross-regional and cross-functional Finance leads to understand revenue drivers and elevate the level of analysis around revenue and related costs
- Establish and maintain relationship with a broad base of stakeholders in the business and finance organizations and serve as a key point of contact for finance concerns
- Align functional goals and strategies to broader global initiatives
- Develop and present strategic insights about the Advisory Services business
- Cultivate strong relationships and communicate effectively with cross-functional and multi-geographical stakeholders
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key global business partners and stakeholders across regions and functions
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- 8+ years of very relevant work experience and a bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, economics, or related quantitative field. MBA/CPA or equivalent credentials preferred
- Strong foundation in Finance and working knowledge of GAAP and/or Visa Accounting Policy preferred
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A with a strong understanding of financial management
- Prior experience in Consulting or Corporate Strategy preferred
- Prior experience in the Payments Industry is a plus
- Experience with complex financial systems is beneficial but not required
- Superior analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Advanced proficiency in financial modelling techniques, managing large data sets and building effective presentations are required
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to convert complex analysis into insightful business commentary
- Strategic and analytical thinker with capability to work through complex problems, processes, and data sets
- Ability to improve processes, systems, and plans that balance short-term and long-term growth
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively with management to influence outcomes
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a peer with business leaders in global and regional function
- Ability to make decisions with limited guidance, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 118,500.00 to 154,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.