Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
About the Position
Flywheel is seeking a Talent Manager to join our busy and growing team. This is a unique opportunity to design and implement new processes and policies with a fast-paced company working with cutting edge technology. Successful applicants will have a passion for supporting and nurturing talent, creating and iterating on new ideas, and fostering Flywheel’s values.
You will be responsible for overseeing recruitment and onboarding of new employees; leading initiatives to attract, retain, and recognize employees; manage all contractor paperwork; collaborate with department leaders; ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements; and more.
Work closely with our team in a fast-paced startup environment. We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve.
Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.Responsibilities
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provide support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Help create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- In partnership with our PEO, maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Stay up-to-date on knowledge of trends, best practices and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and recruiting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of successful working experience as HR/Talent Manager
- Solid experience with HR metrics to drive results
- Comfortable working with a variety of tools and technologies and strong interest in learning new ones
- Excellent communication as demonstrated with active listening, negotiation, and presentation skillsCompetence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field is a plus
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
GO STEADY WITH LEVITY
The alchemy of effective teamwork happens when we each take ownership of both the menial and the magical every day. We’re serious, but never stuffy. We keep our cool under pressure because we assume best intentions and maintain perspective. This allows for true teamwork, with a dash of irreverence.
WORK BETTER TOGETHER
We are tenacious and united in our pursuit of solving our customers’ biggest challenges, and no challenge is too big. Diverse backgrounds across our team make us more effective as we listen, absorb, collaborate, and iterate to innovate.
FIGURE IT OUT
We’re obsessed with uncovering the why of any given. Having an open mind allows us to be quick to fail and quick to adapt. We relentlessly pursue continual improvement through learning and imagining new possibilities.
GIVE A SHIT
We’re fueled by grit, boundless energy, and a deep belief that we are doing cool shit. We don’t hesitate to stand up and speak out because we trust that through tough, honest discourse we can drive change and make a real difference for our customers and our mission.
About the Company
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that provides all the tools needed for data curation, image processing, machine learning workflows,... Read more