Come to work each day for a leading biopharma company, helping to create solutions that impact patients and their communities for the better. If you believe as much as we do that Technology can make remarkable business impact and enjoy working within a fast paced, cutting-edge, technology team that believes that the greatest value is coming when living and breathing diversity, equity, and inclusion then we want you to join us.
The Front End UX Sr Engineer is a hands-on technical lead in the Digital Solutions & Services (DSS) Architecture and Engineering team and is responsible for leading all the front-end application design and development activities for AbbVie’s US Commercial digital platforms. This role will lead and support AbbVie’s digital marketing programs, specifically focused on associated UX/UI capabilities of Web channel but also extending expertise for other digital channels (mobile apps, interactive sales aids etc.) on project need basis.
The Front End UX Sr Engineer will work closely with business and technology leads including external digital/creative agencies and partners. The individual will operate as a UX subject matter expert and will be the point person for all technical and creative aspects of UX across all activation platforms within DSS.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Serve as the front end UX subject matter expert with specific expertise in CSS and Figma.
- Lead the creative design aspects using tools like Figma, sketch, in design etc. with focus on visual design areas by developing and guiding the agencies and marketing leveraging wireframes, visual prototyping to visualize the end user's experience.
- Lead interactions with digital and creative agencies to design, develop and maintain UX standards and solutions, creative conceptualizations, graphics and fonts manipulations, CSS editing, information architecture, accessibility, and usability testing.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level assistance to developers. Front end leads, content authors, creative agencies etc.
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used.
- Provide detailed development estimates and lead UX/UI solution development activities.
- Build and maintain reusable design systems and templates and collaborate with team members and business stakeholders to promote re-use of templates, application architecture and AEM components.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships that are monitored through periodic reviews.
Experiences that make you a strong candidate for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years' experience; Master's Degree with 6 years' experience; PhD with 2 years' experience.
- 6+ years of technology experience in a digital marketing organization with hands-on experience leading, developing, and architecting digital websites and capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with modern UX development with latest HTML and CSS front end technologies including advanced topics like CSS 3.0, animations, fluid design, CSS transitions etc.
- Hands-on experience with styles development practices like CSS frameworks, pre-processors (SAAS, LESS), CSS standards and linting, minification, as well as fonts management.
- Hands-on experience with CSS organization and optimizations with focus on Google’s Core Web Vitals and Page performance overall including aspects like page weight, image optimizations and Accessibility considerations from CSS and HTML standpoint.
- Hands on experience working with creative toolsets primarily – Figma and Adobe XD.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and wireframing tools like Invision.
- Experience working with Web Experience / Content Management solutions like Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and Adobe Marketing Cloud applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build trust, listen, and ask effective questions with the goal of creating a scalable and reusable business solution.
- Strong IT analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past technology experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial fast paced environment.
- UI development skills.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives, shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we’re ready for you.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
- The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
- This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Minimum Salary $95,500
Maximum Salary $181,500
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced