What We’re Looking For:
2U is looking for an experienced subject matter expert to join our UX/UI Curriculum team. This role would be perfect for someone with expertise in UX/UI design and education, and who is able to prioritize the student experience.
You’ll work remotely with instructional designers, other industry experts, and editorial partners to design and iterate curriculum that is highly instructive, engaging, and teachable. The ideal candidate will have domain expertise with User Centered Design Research, UX/UI Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, Prototyping, and Usability Testing & Accessibility, some Front End Coding experience, as well as the ability to collaborate on highly complex projects and adapt quickly to a fast pace and changing requirements.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in the opportunity to impact students learning new skills and the opportunity to change lives.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide your industry expertise on how to best communicate and prioritize topics within the curriculum.
- Design the various modules that make up the UX/UI programs, including Design Thinking, User Research, Interviewing, User Testing Methods, Accessibility, Atomic Design, and Responsive Web Design, and Code Conversational Web Development.
- Create and polish activities, project ideas, and challenge assignments for students to master key concepts and ensure that students can execute UX/UI prototyping.
- Plan, review, and report on progress and accomplishments.
- Lastly and most importantly, you will be responsible for making sure our program is the very best UX/UI program it can be. We want the person in this role to feel accountable to student success in the same way we hold ourselves accountable to their success in all other areas.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Experience UX/UI design, and design education with the ability to prioritize the student experience.
- UX/UI Domain expertise with:
- UX Design, UI Design, Interaction Design
- Design Thinking
- Human-Centered Design
- User Research
- UX/UI Prototyping
- Atomic Design & Responsive Web Design concepts
- Usability testing, accessibility
- Familiarity with front end web development
- Curriculum & Learning expertise with:
- Curriculum development and/or Learning Experience Design background
- Instructional design background and familiarity with backwards design & Bloom’s taxonomy
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Student-facing content creation, complete with quizzes, visuals, video, and more.
- Project Expertise with:
- Experience with working on a continually evolving product
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- A creative problem solver. These programs will require a great deal of ingenuity and setup to create. We want someone who is excited by the idea of teaching students how to become UX/UI Designers using real-world scenarios to create quality case studies and portfolios using code.
- Someone who is fun! We want the learning experience to be exciting, engaging, and interesting.
- Feedback is essential to a quality product. We want someone with the right mindset, an infectious enthusiasm for continual improvement, and a desire to stay abreast of industry trends.
- In this capacity, you’ll be responsible for keeping living curricula up-to-date for students and teachers across the country. This means meeting deadlines, revising content when necessary to create the best curriculum materials possible for our students and creating new programs to meet the needs of different learners.
- Above all else…...Someone who is interested in making a difference. Each month we hear from countless students attesting to how our program brought them new skills, landed them new jobs, and a renewed sense of confidence. This impact is what our work is really about to us.
Design Concept Skills
- Design Thinking & Human-centered design
- User Research
- User Interviews
- Rapid prototyping
- Interaction design
- Usability Testing
- Design Feedback and critique strategies
- Figma, InVision, and more
- Miro, Google docs (Google slides + docs)
- Slack, Jira, Zoom
- Git/GitHub/GitHub Desktop, Markdown, IDEs
- UX/Technical writing
- Write and Organize Instructional Documents
- Voice and tone standards
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $84,000 -$112,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.