The Cloud Sales Specialist is a true subject matter expert in one or more of the big three Hyperscalers. Has an attitude and passion for driving our Solutions & Services propositions into our current account base & prospects, co-owning sales business development, and supporting go to market activities within your assigned region, territory or customer segmentation. Working with the aligned country or federation Sales & Services leadership team, your functions are in a partnership with the primary Account Manager (AM) and as a result is not limited to traditional “overlay role” restrictions. Teaming is important to be able to serve our customers with speed.
You are expected to take a consistently proactive approach to grow, land & expand the aligned customer journey with current & sometimes new logo accounts. We call our Cloud Sales Specialists hunters. You enjoy taking the initial subject matter lead in for pre-sales (both transactional and professional services) customer engagements and supports account managers with account planning leveraging our customer propensity data & intelligence. And to clear out any confusion you are not the delivery person – that we have other experts that will do!
We understand it can be a fine line between how deep a Sales specialist can go and when does the Sales specialist call in the presales people to articulate the architecture in the technology solution – we leave it open and are more keen to have the right person with the right capabilities to join our team. Its ok to have more strong muscles in either arm, still we expect you to be able to whiteboard the framework of a migration and can articulate to a CIO or CFO the reason why you gain more efficiency with public cloud and how FinOps can help getting more out of the cloud journey.
You have probably already figured out that one of the key components for the success in our customer journey is that you have a crucial part to serve as the liaison between the assigned AM and technical pre-sales team and the customers supporting effective & efficient handover into delivery & customer success resources.
- You drive new business, sales activities at a customer level partnering with the field-based account manager (AM) within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making processes and overcome objections in order to maximize opportunities
- Ability to effectively manage the sales lifecycle
- Performance and success measured by Services Gross Profit performance within a region, territory or defined account base. Performance based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format.
- To analyse & gather business requirement from complex client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on requirements, aligned to the SoftwareONE customer journey's.
- Prepares cost estimates, proposals & appropriate contracts for solutions & services sales
- Works with pre-sales technical teams to contribute to sales engineering effectiveness.
- Assist and support partnership/alliance functions to assigned vendor partner relationships. This may include being primary contact for Partner/Channel Account Managers and assisting in GTM and business planning as well as driving forward programmatic initiatives.
- Act as a technical evangelist for marketing activities including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
SoftwareOne is a leading global provider of end-to-end software and cloud technology solutions, headquartered in Switzerland. With capabilities... Read more