In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience as an Information Architect or Content Strategist.
- Experience as an information architect driving and deploying new content assets and processes across multiple teams for a large enterprise content set.
- Experience designing and evolving an online content that supports multiple user journeys.
- Experience with analysis of content use and gaining insights from user studies and analysis.
- Experience optimizing content sets for search and discoverability (SEO).
- Experience defining and developing taxonomies for content and websites.
Technical writers plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering or user experience. The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material. Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.
As a Content Strategist, you will provide content strategy expertise and leadership to technical writers and engineers who create technical content. You will influence documentation development in several product areas. You will define a content strategy for a variety of user experiences or multimedia approaches by defining the problem, setting goals, helping implement solutions, and measuring effectiveness.
- Evolve content strategy to create a path for developers across multiple user journeys. Use content, customer engagements, feedback from executive business partners, analysis, and research of next-generation technologies.
- Provide search engine optimization guidance and expertise.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives around content experience, content navigation, content creation, content management, and taxonomy.
- Audit the existing content, perform gap analysis, and determine how to present new and existing content in compelling ways to customers.
- Collaborate with other teams to define the requirements that are needed to evolve content strategy.
Build for everyone Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. Starting from two computer science students in a university... Read more